Sunday, March 19, 2023

PP632 The Fresh Sights of Spring

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Spring just doesn't really want to make an appearance around here in southeast PA---it is playing hide-and-go-seek with us; nice one day, cold the next!  But hopefully Ann's pretty Paper Players clean-and-simple challenge this week will let us celebrate spring regardless of the temps!

 

I love the colors that are in the prompt too--very spring-like---so I went with them along with the sketch from FMS:

And here we go:


These cute little tulips were created with a die from Concord & 9th; I used Daffodil Delight, Highland Heather, So Saffron and Granny Apple Green cardstocks for them, then mounted them on Basic White diecut circles.  The bottom panels are Fresh Freesia DSP and cardstock, diecut with the Stitched Rectangle dies:



The sentiment is an oldie from Technique Tuesday called Beauty of Spring; to keep the card simple but to add some interest, I diecut a frame with Stitched With Whimsy and added some sequins:


Now, what clean-and-simple creation will you share with us this week?!  Get some inspiration from the Design Team over at the Paper Players blog, then share them with us!  Can't wait to see them!

My spring bulbs are always late blooming; my neighbors' yards are already full of daffodils and mine are still just little green shoots!  This little patch of mini daffodils...Michele, are they jonquils?....popped up suddently and surprised me a day or so ago:


I love how the late afternoon sun peeks through their petals!


Thanks so much for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Beauty of Spring (Technique Tuesday)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Fresh Freesia, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Granny Apple Green, Fresh Freesia DSP
 Ink Granny Apple Green
Accessories Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitched with Whimsy Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Tulip Frame Dies (Concord & 9th)

13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, they might be! Aren't they so darling! I wish I had an entire yard full! no I don't because they would be killed by the snow and frigid temperatures!
Don't be sad - soon yours will be blooming and theirs will be just a pretty memory until next Spring.
Wait! there's a card here - ha! You made me very happy with these adorable tulips, LeAnne! I haven't used one of these TT sentiments in ages - they were my favorites when I was getting started. I always loved their font!
A wonderful peek at Spring!
=]

Wendy said...

Such a pretty spring card, LeAnne! Love your tulips and that wonderful sentiment! Today surely does not feel like spring but some good news....spring arrives tomorrow at 5:24 pm and it's to be in the 50's! I will certainly take it! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

Ann Schach said...

Such cute little tulips to brighten someone's day, LeAnne! The sentiment is so sweet. The Stitched With Whimsy frame adds interest while still keeping it clean. It's a perfect card for my challenge. Have a wonderful week!

Lisa Elton said...

What sweet little little tulips! This cute, Leanne and so are those daffodils! I saw the first in our neighborhood a couple of days ago... and then it snowed!

Denise Willerton said...

such a sweet card LeAnne ~ and the Daffodil's popping up ~ oh my ... bring on spring!!! We are still in the depths of winter here!!!

Kim S said...

This truly has the fresh feel of spring! I love the sweet little tulips and the perfect sentiment.

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, Your tulips are so bright and cheerful They and your colors shout spring is here. Love it!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your trio of tulips are just lovely LeAnne and I love the script of your sentiment too. Your real-lufe signs of spring are encouraging too - my daffodils are finally blooming this week!

Fran Wing said...

Great CAS card, LeAnne! Those tulips are cute, and what's more appropriate for spring than tulips?
Xoxo, Fran

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, your card certainly is a breath of spring - as are the daffodils! We are a couple of months away from seeing those here in Mn! However, your wonderful CAS card does remind me that it is around the corner. I love the soft pastels and that wonderful sentiment! Fabulous CAS card
hugs
jaydee

Tarabeth Stamps said...

Beautiful card! I love the little flowers and the color choices! Thanks for sharing!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is the sweetest card. I love all the tulips! My favorite flower. The lavender paper is just perfect to showcase these sweet flowers. Your card made me smile! Have a great weekend!

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a sweet card, LeAnne! Love the layout and those fun colors, too. I'm so jealous of your beautiful daffodils, too. What a lovely sign of spring!