Saturday, March 11, 2023

HSS409 CAS Masculine Birthday

Happy Saturday, everyone!  I needed a birthday card for John's nephew, and since most guys do not "ooh" and "aah" over hand-made cards, I made this fairly CAS.  I did use the sketch from Hand Stamped Sentiments along with some papers from He's The Man, since I haven't used them for a while:


So here we go:


I let the paper do all the work, basically!  I cut a rectangle of the vehicle paper and used the Basic Borders dies to round the top of it, then added an Early Espresso mat, doing the same cut with the die.  Another scrap of the DSP provided the layer for the bottom, and since it was a little skimpy, I diecut a banner with another scrap, cut it in half and added it to the sides.  The sentiment is from the retired Teeny Tiny Wishes, diecut, and everything went on a Sahara Sand card that had been embossed with the Gingham embossing folder: 


I really like this sketch and I may use it again!  Thanks for visiting today!

Has anyone ever seen the work of David Bird?  This guy is really, really creative!  He creates these little figures called Becorns from acorns and other natural materials, then poses them and takes photos with birds, chipmunks and squirrels!  His website is Becorns Fine Art.  Be sure to click on the "Becorns" link to see how he creates them!!! Here's one I snagged from FB yesterday:


Take some time to look at his website.  You'll be enchanted!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Teeny Tiny Wishes (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, He's the Man DSP
 Ink Early Espresso
Accessories Dimensional
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Gingham EF, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Basic Borders Dies

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it when the paper takes the strain - a great masculine card! Love the little acorn fella too!

Vickie said...

Love how you create cards with your DP…always say I will do that…then …..must do it. That guy is amazing..will check out his site.

I Card Everyone said...

Great card, LeAnne! and I am obsessed with David Bird's work! I follow him on Instagram but will be happy to check out his website, too! Isn't this amazing? Thanks for sharing!
=]

I Card Everyone said...

OH!! I'll bet you can figure out which one is my favorite, right?

Kampin' Karen said...

Great masculine card. I will miss this paper when it retires. My granddaughter visited the Small is Beautiful Exhibit in Manhattan last week and she absolutely loved it. Thanks for sharing your "little" photo.

Karen in Florida said...

Hi LeAnne!
I hope all is going well "up north"!
I checked out David Bird. His work is so creative and beautiful. I love the interaction with nature. What a unique art he has developed. Thanks for sharing!!
Huggs from toasty Florida!

Denise Willerton said...

what a great card LeAnne ~ I love how the DSP did all the hard lifting for you ... and that acorn is AMAZING!!!! thank you for sharing, have wonderful day xo ((hugs))

Jenny Engelke said...

Perfection for a masculine card! I like the extra banner peice behind the little rectangle element! It really helps to break up the dark, masculine colors! Thanks for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments, LeAnne!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific card for John's nephew! I'm thinking he might ooh and aah over the vehicles on the paper you used! Yes, David Bird does incredible work... magical!

Stampin Expressions said...

Just the most delightful masculine card! I love how you used the dsp and kept the card simple, perfect for a man of any age! The use of the sketch really added so much interest! Thank you for sharing the art of David Bird! How amazing what he can do with the nature that God gives us! Simply stunning! Thanks so much for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Heather said...

Love this! And a great way to work through the DSP - love the sentiment stamped on it, too! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Bonnie said...

This is a great masculine card, LeAnne! And those Becorns are adorable! Thanks for sharing that.

Jolanda Johnstone said...

LeAnne, love your CAS masculine interpretation of the HSS sketch. So glad you found your inspiration. Thanks for joining us this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT