Thursday, November 17, 2022

HSS402 Floating Ornament

Happy Thursday, everyone!  I'm sharing a fun Christmas card that I made with our club girls this week, and it just happens to fit the color challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments!


I had seen this technique somewhere in blogland but can't remember where, so I apologize for not giving credit where it is due!  I believe it's called a floating ornament, so here we go:


The Lights Aglow Specialty DSP is perfect for the challenge; I merely cut 3/8" strips at least 4" long, and adhered them to a 4" square of Window Sheet acetate, then used the largest (3") Layering Circle die to cut it out.  Foam dimensional strips were then placed under the strips to make it "float" on the Basic White panel. The gold foil elements are from the Spruced Up Outline dies; they work perfectly with the little gold accents in the paper.  The "hanger" at the top of the ornament is actually the bow from the present die; we just cut out the top portion and adhered it under the ornament top (or the "pumpkin", as my girls affectionately called it!):


The panel then went on a Soft Succulent card base, and we stamped a beautiful sentiment from Hope and Peace on the inside in Evening Evergreen ink:


This was a fun project and it was really easy to do!  Great way to use up those little skinny scraps too! I recommend using grid paper under your window sheet to make sure you get your pieces aligned! Thanks for popping in today, enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hope and Peace
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Soft Succulent, Lights Aglow DSP, Brushed Gold Foil, Window Sheets
 Ink Evening Evergreen
Accessories Tear N Tape, Foam Dimensional Strips
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Layering Circle Dies, Spruced Up Outline Dies

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne this is really stunning! What a clever technique! Once again, you've used such gorgeous papers and the print on each is the perfect size - even the bokeh!
=]

Wendy said...

ADORABLE card, LeAnne!!! I have seen this technique all over blogland and it is so cool! Love that beautiful ornament using that pretty paper and all the Gold Foil diecuts! I bet your stamp girls loved this!

Tracy Grauer said...

I love your floating ornament. I've been wanting to try this technique also. Thanks for sharing!

Karen in Florida said...

What a great idea! I love your card.

Linda Callahan said...

I love that paper and this is a wonderful way to use every scrap! Beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so pretty, LeAnne!

Stampin by Genny said...

What a clever technique! It does look like the ornament is flowing. Simple but stunning! I'll have to try it. Thanks so much for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Heather said...

Wow, LeAnne, I love this! Great papers of course, but the dimension really makes for a dramatic card front! Brilliant! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Stampin Expressions said...

Wow LeAnne this card is gorgeous! Your use of the colors with the different designer series papers is so lovely! I will have to CASE this card for sure!! Thanks so much for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge this week!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

LeAnne, I love your card. The floating technique is on my to do list. The DSP choices work so well with the color challenge. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this round. Cheers, Jolanda

Jenny Engelke said...

What a fun technique! You've inspired me to try it!I love the stars surrounding it too! Thanks for playing along at HSS!