Monday, November 28, 2022

FMS563 Sympathy

Happy Monday, peeps!  Hope you had a great weekend!  It's never fun to make sympathy cards but having to make them during holidays is extra-challenging. Our friend's father passed away after many years of illness and blindness, so although they will miss him here on earth, they rejoice in knowing he's with his Saviour!  I made them a simple sympathy card using the sketch from FMS:

I recently got some lovely plaid DSPs with masculine colors so I started wtih a mossy green one:


Although this tree stamp and diecut is from the Trees for Sale set, I thought it would still be appropriate for a masculine sympathy card.  I stamped and diecut the bottom tree layer with Mellow Moss, then diecut the upper layer with Mossy Meadow.  I mounted it on a Very Vanilla circle with a mat of Evening Evergreen.  The sentiment, from Hero Arts, was also stamped on Mossy Meadow cardstock in  Evening Evergreen ink:


On the inside of my Very Vanilla card, I stamped an older Our Daily Bread Designs stamp in Evening Evergreen:


And it's ready to go in the mail!

On Saturday, we decorated the church for Advent, and Dana brought Cassidy along to help. I put her in charge of the little Nativity set we put in the entryway:






I really love the camel she had peeking out of the stable!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ." Ephesians 1:3


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Trees for Sale, Scripture Collection 1 (Our Daily Bread Designs), CL342 Sentiments (Hero Arts)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Mossy Meadow, Evening Evergreen, Mellow Moss (ret), Woodsy Plaid DSP (Memory Box)
 Ink Evening Evergreen, Mellow Moss (ret)
Accessories Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Rectangle Die, Stylish Shapes Dies, Layering Circle Dies, Tree Lot Dies (ret)
Tools    

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Your card is so nice for this tough occasion, LeAnne. I would have never thought to use the tree dies for a sympathy card but I love that they go with the plaid paper beautifully! So sorry about your friends father. I agree, the holidays make losing someone a bit tougher (Dec 14 will be a year for my Mom). Love the manger scene Miss Cassidy put out at church. I have a ceramic one that I never put out for fear it will get broke. Beautiful display!

designbydonna said...

Lovely card. Subtle and calming--perfect for a sympathy card. I try to keep a few made ahead so I will have one ready when needed.

I Card Everyone said...

My BFF's family has lost 5 family members over the years on Thanksgiving Day - including this one. They are bound to be remembered each year in a special way by the family.
Your card is a beautiful way to convey your sympathies, LeAnne. Loving the plaid and this wonderful moss meadow green.
M

Lisa Elton said...

A wonderful card to send your sympathies LeAnne. The colors of the plaid are perfect for a masculine card.

Jen Brum said...

Such a beautiful card LeAnne! I love the tree and the background paper but I especially love the verse inside! My fav! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Handsome card! And I love the Nativity Scene.....

Jen Timko said...

This is understated and just perfect for the occasion. So sorry you needed it, especially in the holiday season. Love the nativity! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Lorraine said...

That is a lovely masculine sympathy card. The plaid and the tree were such a great pairing. She certainly looks like she had fun helping with the church decorating.