Thursday, November 10, 2022

FMS561 Christmas Pine Cones

Happy Thursday, everyone!  Gearing up for a very busy weekend, so I am getting all my stamping done today and tomorrow, LOL!  I love Linda's sketch for FMS this week:

and although I was very tempted to use my Postage Stamp punch, I opted for some Stitched Rectangle dies and some pretty DSPs:


I diecut the Painted Christmas pinecone paper with a rectangle die, then added a mat using the bark paper from Boughs of Holly.  I blended some Soft Succulent ink behind the panels before adhering them, and since I don't have any current pine branch stamps, I opted to use one of the Trees for Sale trees...works like a charm!  Isn't it fun when your stamps can be used for more than one option?!  I added a few "sprinkles" in Crumb Cake with a stamp from Friends are Like Seashells, and a wee bit of Linen Thread:


I distressed the edges a little bit and sponged some Crumb Cake ink, then stamped sentiments outside and in using the Brightest Glow stamp set!  Everything went on a Crumb Cake base.

I am also entering this at Krafty Chicks, since this is their Christmas week!  That's it for today! Oh, I did want to share a photo Dana's SIL posted; she is an excellent photographer and really has an eye for capturing the most awesome images:


This is the best and ONLY way I like cobwebs, LOL!  Enjoy your day and be blessed! 


"To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice." Proverbs 21:3


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Trees for Sale, Friends are Like Seashells, Brightest Glow
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Crumb Cake, Painted Christmas DSP, Boughs of Holly DSP
 Ink Soft Succulent, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Accessories Linen Thread
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Sponge Dauber, Blending Brush

15 comments:

Fabiola said...

oh c'est magnifique LeAnne, biz

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!

Vickie said...

Lovely and a beautiful sentiment..

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, you've shown us how important it is to look at our supplies with our imaginations intact - those trees are WONDERFUL boughs/branches!
Loving the colors and hand-painted look of these papers.
What a great photo - and photographer!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

I LOVE this, LeAnne. CASEing!!

Chris H. said...

very beautiful! love the pinecones!

Bonnie said...

A perfect background and a great use of designer paper, LeAnne! A fantastic Christmas card and a magical web!

Lisa Elton said...

A new favorite, love this...and the web photo!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Fabulous card LeAnne, love the soft background and the twine with the distressed edges, looks just perfect with that beautiful paper. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks this week!

HuguetteScrap said...

Magnifique, j'aime beaucoup.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow this is beautiful! I need to look closer as some of my DSP to do this! Wonderfully detailed! Thanks for making my sketch look so good!

Colleen Begley said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Yes, it's a beautiful card. Has to be a winner! Cool cobweb too.

Amy O said...

What a clever idea to use dsp for the rectangles! And I love the sponging and stamping on the background. That photo of the cobweb is amazing!

Perry said...

I think your card is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.

Jen Timko said...

This is so lovely! The papers and the soft colors work so well. Glad to see you this week at FMS!