Tuesday, November 1, 2022

AHSC497 Christmas Greetings

Happy November, everyone!  Down come the Halloween decorations and up go the Thanksgiving ones!  I did squeeze in a little stamping time yesterday and played with the Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge:


The Global Design Project's theme this week is trees:



so of course, I used the little twiggy trees from  the Snowman dies, along with some Painted Christmas and Evening Evergreen DSPs to create my little scene:


I used the Stitched Rectangle dies to cut out some of the patterned paper, and a circle die to cut out the sprig paper; the trees looked a little lost on it, so I added a layer of vellum to soften it a bit:


A sentiment from Trees for Sale went on a Stylish Shapes banner, and although it's hard to see, I used White Glimmer paper to make the side banners and little "snowballs" as embellishments.  I used the retired Softly Falling embossing folder to add some interest to the front of the card.

Since Dana didn't get any Halloween pictures of Cassidy (she went trick-or-treating with her friend Ben!), and we don't ever get any trick-or-treaters, I thought I would show you the only piece of Halloween candy corn in my own home:


Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!






11 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Great take on the challenges. You are an excellent counted cross stitcher...that is so cute!

I Card Everyone said...

If that's the ONLY piece of candy corn, that could be CAWS for alarm, LeAnne! lol How adorable is this?!! Your talents abound, my friend!
LOve your gorgeous white + one card! The sweet little modern trees look so great with that evergreen!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

What a great card. I love the sketch and what a great way to use those twiggy trees! I love your cross stitch and that one little piece of candy corn!

Wendy said...

Such a festive holiday card, LeAnne! I love the wonky panels as that is one design I use alot for card making! Love the colors and your tree dies, too! We did not give candy out for Trick or Treat Night. Usually we sit on the tailgate of the truck in the driveway and greet the kids but with me still dealing with this cough I decided I was not going to sit out there in the rainy, damp weather. I feel like something was missing on my Halloween night for sure! Today I am doing the same.....down with Halloween decorations and tomorrow up with Thanksgiving! It's quite the chore isn't it? Your candy corn centerpiece is so pretty!

Linda Callahan said...

Love those twiggy trees! Cute holiday card! And we get over a hundred trick or treaters! It is a circus here!

Dena J said...

Gorgeous layers and texture on this card, LeAnne! Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. (And the stitching is just amazing. Wow!)

Lisa Elton said...

What fun trees, this is delightful! That's a sweet little mouse sharing that candy corn!

Lorraine said...

You are so skilled at using those patterned papers. And I love the addition of the velum. Your cross-stitched piece is absolutely beautiful.

Allisa said...

Such a fabulous card, love the simplicity of the trees! Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

Brandi said...

I love this, the white with the pop of green is fabulous. Great card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Anna said...

What a classy card. I love the white on white embossed pattern in the background, and how it really helps the trees to pop! Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, AHSC Design Team