Tuesday, November 22, 2022

AHSC500 Hues of Happiness Birthday

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  The Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge is a long skinny one this week:


and so I decided to make a birthday card using the beautiful Hues of Happiness DSP; they have several ombre patterns which I thought would fit the sketch nicely!  So here we go:


Stampin' Up! has some long skinny envelopes in this year's catalogs, so I made my card 8 1/2" x 3 3/4" to fit.  I cut one panel of the ombre DSP, then fussy cut flowers to coordinate with each section, stamping the birthday greeting from Happiness Abounds in Melon Mambo below the pink flower:




These papers are so gorgeous, making a beautiful card is quite easy!  I stamped two more sentiments on the inside and stamped a floral outline in Blushing Bride on top.  And it's ready to go in the mail!


I finally found a primitive frame at a yard sale recently for 25 cents; it was the right size to frame my little turkey sampler that I stitched in 2020! I took a break from stamping and put it all together just in time for the holiday!


I have to stop stitching these things...I'm running out of room to display them, LOL!  Thanks for visiting today...enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Happiness Abounds
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Hues of Happiness DSP
 Ink Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools    

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! I love the Happiness Abounds set & DSP! It makes such colorful, pretty cards and I really like your slimline card, too! Oh and your stitched turkey looks fabulous in that frame! How perfect! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Another beautiful paper collection, and you're showing off those fussy cutting skills again! So pretty - what a wonderful wish!
Don't stop, LeAnne - this little frame is just perfect!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, this is such a beautiful card! I will hate to see that DSP go bye bye!

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful card, Leanne! Your fabulous stitching looks right at home in your 25 cent frame!

Treva said...

Love your card, pretty flowers and great sentiment.

Rosanne Mulhern said...

Such a pretty card, LeAnne. I haven't purchased much new DSP lately but that is one that I have. Coordinating the flowers with the DSP colors was such a good idea. I love your sweet turkey stitch and how lucky to find the perfect frame.

Cindy Beach said...

I always love the colors in this DSP and it's beautiful for a birthday card. It works so well with the sketch, love it!

Anna said...

What a beautiful card. I agree that the paper is gorgeous. I love that you went with a spring or summer color palette as the fall has been dreary. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, AHSC Design Team

Brandi said...

Stunning card, the colours are fabulous and the flowers are beautiful, I love this! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Allisa said...

That is some awesome DSP, I just knew you had created the background! Super cute card. Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!