Friday, September 9, 2022

TSOT572 Granny Apple Green Again

Hi there peeps!  I still had a piece of Granny Apple Green cardstock sitting on my desk from the card I posted yesterday, and I needed a boy's birthday card, so I decided to make use of it!  He happens to like soccer so I pulled out an oldie stamp set called Have a Ball and went to work!  So here we go:


I used the sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday:


The soccer ball was stamped in Stazon and punched out with a circle punch.  I didn't have a hexagon die large enough to fit the sketch, so I used a Stitched Nested Label die and "trimmed" a full-sized diecut down by running it through the Big Shot partially on one end.  I used a smaller die to cut out the Celebrate, and the star die from Sports Events to cut out some wee stars:


I embossed the card front with the Coastal Weave EF and used a piece of Plaid Tidings from a few years ago for the horizontal panel.  Finally, the inside sentiment was stamped with Memento and colored in with a Granny Apple Green blend:


Now it's off in the mail!  I promise my next card will not feature ANY shade of Granny Apple Green!  Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Have a Ball, Many Mates (both retired)
Card stock & Papers     Basic Black, Basic White, Granny Apple Green, Plaid Tidings DSP (ret)
 Ink Stazon Black, Memento Black, Granny Apple Green
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Sports Event Dies, Stitched Nested Label Dies, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Coastal Weave EF (All retired), Blends

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I never get tired of GAG so if you don't keep your promise, it won't bother me! Love your card.

I Card Everyone said...

So fun! and I can't help but think it's now caramel apple season - granny smiths are my favorite for them!
=]

Heather said...

Love it, LeAnne! What a clever trick with the dies, I have to try that! Thanks so much for playing at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

Lisa Elton said...

A terrific boy's birthday card! The apple green cardstock is perfect for your soccer theme!

Dena J said...

Very clever die work, and I LOVE the bold green and black. So sharp! Thank you for joining the challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

Donna Scholz said...

LeAnne, love your interpretation of our TSOT sketch! Using the ef to create the background REALLY adds lots of extra detail to your card!! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Laurie Unger said...

What a great color and it really works well with that fun Black and white plaid. Wonderful job with the sketch. Thanks for playing over at TSOT.

Anna said...

Such a bold color combo and love the wonderful details you added to the card. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, TSOT Design Team