Thursday, September 8, 2022

FMS552 Little Trees Christmas

 Happy Thursday, peeps!  Scooting in here quickly with a little Christmas card using the FMS sketch and some new hostess papers from the mini catalog called Celebrate Everything!  First, the sketch:

And here we go:


The tree DSP is actually just black and white; I colored in the trees with a Granny Apple Green blend and mounted it on a Basic Black scalloped panel diecut with the Stitched So Sweetly die.  The green panel is the other side of the black and white paper and I did the same thing with Granny Apple Green cardstock for the mat:


The sentiment is from Spruced Up, stamped and diecut with the Stylish Shapes dies and embellished with some retired Pretty Peacock gems.  I did the same treatment on the inside sentiment:


Everything went on a Granny Apple Green card base topped with a white panel diecut with the Dots & Spots die!  So fun!

I've changed the location of my light box and I am not quite happy with it; the natural lighting in my room is not quite the same as my other room!  But Cassidy will be staying with us for a few days, and I am sure having a light box in her bedroom would be rather an inconvenience, LOL!  Anyway, happy that you popped in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

While on vacation, we caught up with a gal I had shared an apartment with back in the 70s!!  They moved to the Lewes area and through the miracle of Facebook, we reconnected!  We had a fun dinner and caught up--not all 40 years but it was a start:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Spruced Up
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Granny Apple Green, Happy Everything DSP
 Ink Memento Black, Versamark
Accessories Dimensionals, Pretty Peacock Rhinestones (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Stylish Shapes Dies, Dots & Spots Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Blends

3 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Love Granny Apple Green. I'm not sure why I ordered the Dots Die and think I have only used it once. I'd love to see you create more with it and then maybe I'll get mine out again...lol. You and Cassidy will have a fun time together no doubt. That's great you met your roomie again. It's a great pic of y'all. Your light box isn't all that bad but I do see what you mean. I have never found a good place for mine. Have a blessed day.

I Card Everyone said...

Granny Apple is a great green for Christmas - especially on these darling little 'cartoon' trees and peeking out behind those fun dots!
It's so fun seeing someone after so many years, isn't it? How wonderful!
=]

Jen Brum said...

Oh this card is fabulous! I love the green and black together! Those trees are so cute! Love the dotted background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!