Thursday, September 15, 2022

FMS553 Boo!

Happy Thursday, peeps..I am WAY behind today with my card!  I finally got into my stamp room and came up with a card for the FMS sketch, although I love this sketch so much, I may just make another!  First, the sketch:

I was also inspired by the board at Two Old Bats challenge:




I pulled out a few old goodies and here's what I came up with:


I loved the little "boo" wallhanging, so I pulled out some Halloween papers and an old SU die called Timeless Type Junior to diecut the letters.  I used the Postage Stamp punch to punch out some squares of Natural White cardstock on which to mount them, stamping the bats from Scary Cute first.  The owl came from a retired set called Spooky Cat....such a cute layering image!


It's difficult to see, but I also embossed the main mat with the Stitched With Whimsey die!  For the inside, another sentiment and witch hat from the same set:


Spooky but not too scary!  Thanks for visiting today!

Last night was the Solanco Fair kickoff (Solanco stands for Southern Lancaster County) in the little town of Quarryville, which is where Dana works and Cassidy attends school.  They start the fair with a parade and this year's theme was "Hometown Heroes", honoring the fire, police, EMT and medical professionals who are heroes every day!  It was a beautiful evening for a parade!







Since it's a large agricultural community, there were lots of tractors, trucks, farm equipment, horses, and last, but not least, a real old-fashioned steam calliope!  You can see the steam came out multi-colored, too!  Lots of fun!  I'll share more pix later!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds." Psalm 9:1

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Scary Cute, Spooky Cat (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Naturals White (ret), Happy Halloween DSP (Carta Bella)
 Ink Memento Black, Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate
Accessories Dimensionals, Sequins from my Stash
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched With Whimsey Dies, Postage Stamp Punch, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet Dies (ret)

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, that wall-hanging looks just like something you might have in your collection!
A fab BOO lous card!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card, LeAnne I like the spiderweb in the background! Looks like a fun parade!

Kampin' Karen said...

I love a parade and miss them. All we have here are golf cart parades! Your card is bootiful!

Wendy said...

Super cute Halloween card, LeAnne! Love everything about it especially the owl and the paper patterns! I saw on the news that Quarryville was having the parade the other night and that the fair started. Couldn't ask for more beautiful weather for it all! So good to see life getting back to normal again!

Diane said...

Fabulously fun Halloween card, and a great take on the mood board, parade looks like fun too! Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
Diane TOB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Two Old Bats}

Karren said...

This is a wonderful Halloween card and a great way to combine the challenges! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

Your "few old goodies" make such a fun Halloween card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.