Wednesday, September 14, 2022

SOS479 Another Fall Card

Happy Wednesday, peeps! I have another fall card for you today!  Shopping our Stash has an "ombre" challenge this week, and I had already begun to apply some color to a black and white piece of DSP from the Rustic Harvest when I saw the challenge, so I finished it up and here it is:


I must admit that this photo doesn't really catch the full effect of the blending; I started with Crushed Curry in the upper right hand corner, then blended Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze and Real Red.  I created a banner with the Stylish Shapes dies and a sentiment from Eden's Garden, then embellished it with a little acorn from the retired Truly Grateful set, and a couple of copper Glimmer paper-punched oak leaves:


I added a birthday sentiment on the inside, so I'm all ready for my next fall birthday recipient!  Thanks for popping in today!

One of the activities that Dana & Wayne did while in Nashville was to create a poster at Hatch Show Print.  Hatch prints a lot of the posters for country western stars and other entertainment venues--how cool, right?!


So here's Dana beginning her poster:


And here's her finished product! 


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Eden's Garden, Truly Grateful (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Rustic Harvest DSP, Copper Glimmer Paper (ret)
 Ink Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Real Red
Accessories Amber Gem, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stylish Shapes Dies, Blending Brushes, Leaf Punch (ret)

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

As soon as you listed those colors, I took another look and saw them immediately, LeAnne! It's the subtlety of that blend that makes a great ombre. Love the sweet acorn!
=]

dj said...

What a great idea to use the black and white designer printed paper...perfect for creating a fall ombre!! Beautifully done!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our Hey (H)Ombre challenge over at SOS!!

Lisa Elton said...

I love all of those pretty acorns! The colors on the paper make it look like velvet to me, especially in the close up!

AlisonC said...

It's really beautiful and such a good idea to add your own colour. I must go and look at my stash for ideas! I love the effect and the shiny acorn is the perfect touch. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time.

Kampin' Karen said...

Love your card...so creative! I never would have thought to do that.

SmilynStef said...

love those autumn ombre inks with the gorgeous oak leaf background ... so very glad you got Embossable with us at Jingle Belles.

SmilynStef said...

Ooops ... that's what I get for commenting before I'm quite awake ... thanks so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LeAnne, the oak leaf background DSP is so amazing and the way you used the colors make these acorns and leaves even more fabulous.
Thank you for playing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.
PS. I've never done Letter Press projects but it looks like a lot of fun, thanks for sharing what you guys did in Nashville.