Saturday, June 4, 2022

TMS659 Congrats

 Happy Saturday, peeps!  A beautiful weekend on deck here in SE PA, which will be perfect for our church picnic on Sunday!  I have a quick card today for a new downline that signed up last month!  The sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches was my starting point:


I totally spaced on the sentiment placement, sorry guys!  Anyway, here it is:


I'm working on using some of the pretty papers in the Awash in Beauty line, so I pulled out two of the papers that I thought looked good together and went to work. I stamped and diecut one of the flowers from Happiness Abounds from the section of the pink DSP that was hiding under the floral print, gave it some shading with some Blends (I need work on my shading skills!), then added some stamped and diecut leaves from the Mossy Meadow pattern:


I mounted it on a Scalloped Contour diecut and added the sentiment from the same set and an Elegant Faceted Gem.  The three little elements up in the corner were a bit more tricky; I just couldn't figure out what to put there!  I ended up doing some Balmy Blue diecut strips with the notebook edge die from the Blossoming Happiness set and called it done!  I hope to be using some more of these pretty papers soon!  Thanks for popping in today; enjoy it and be blessed!

"Why are you so downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me?  Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and God." Psalm 42:11

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Happiness Abounds
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Awash in Beauty DSP, Balmy Blue DSP
 Ink Calypso Coral, Mossy Meadow
Accessories Elegant Faceted Gem, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Scalloped Contours Dies, Blossoming Happiness Dies, Blends

7 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

What a creative interpretation of the sketch! I love the colors you chose. Congrats on having a new member on your team. Have fun at the picnic.

I Card Everyone said...

Beautiful paper choices = beautiful card!
Enjoy that picnic!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Congrats on your new team member! The card is lovely and your shading is beautiful!

Melissa Craig said...

So pretty! So girly. I love it. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! Those papers are so pretty!! The entire suite is on my wish list! LOL TFS and enjoy your weekend! Isn't it wonderful having the windows open?!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie - TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Lisa Elton said...

Love the pretty single bloom, this is wonderful!