Thursday, June 23, 2022

AHSC Tis the Season

Happy Thursday, peeps!  Hope your week is going well so far.  We've had some clouds and rain here but I don't mind since the beginning of the week was so lovely!  I decided to do some Christmas card stamping, using some of the new DSP that will be coming on July 1; it's called Lights Aglow...so fun and pretty!  I used the Atlantic Hearts Sketch:
 

and pulled out an older SU stamp called Peaceful Pines that just seemed to coordinate with this fun pattern!  Here we go:


Aren't those little dots cute?  I added some gold strips to the sides of the DSP because there are actually little gold dots on the DSP too!  I diecut a tree from Evening Evergreen and backed it with some gold foil, then added a Cherry Cobbler glimmer paper star and horizontal panel:


This cute little sentiment was included in the set, so I stamped it in Cherry Cobbler and diecut it with Stylish Shapes; the label on the DSP package says the DSP is Very Vanilla, but I think next time I'll stick with Basic White!  My final addition were a few sequins from my stash!


I actually made two cards....my next card has very little stamping, but uses some gorgeous vintage papers from Simple Stories:

I originally tried to make this fit the Atlantic Hearts sketch but it just wasn't working!  The side panels are all actually one piece, part of the paper; I just trimmed Santa a bit to fit the front of my card.  I added a Scrapbook.com sentiment in Old Oliive on top of some burlap trim to add to the vintage feel:


And a wee bit of stamping on the inside too:


And since the Jingle Belles want to see cards with "The Man with the Bag", I am entering it there, as well as 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, which wants a vintage Christmas!  




So happy you stopped in today! We've been so busy I haven't had time to take any pictures, but hopefully I'll get some tomorrow....it's pool day again!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many.  I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths.  When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble.  Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life.  Proverbs 4:10-13

First Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Peaceful Pines (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Evening Evergreen, Lights Aglow DSP, Cherry Cobbler Glimmer (ret), Gold Foil
 Ink Cherry Cobbler
Accessories Dimensionals, Mini Dimensionals, Sequins from my Stash
Tools     Big Shot, Perfect Pines Dies (ret), Stylish Shapes Dies

Second Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas Wishes (scrapbook.com), Vintage Christmas (Crafty Secrets)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Simple Vintage Christmas DSP (Simple Stories)
 Ink Old Olive
Accessories Burlap Ribbon (ret)
Tools     Dimensionals

12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I love the dots, and dots, and dots! That vintage paper is right up your alley!
Two very wonderful Christmas cards perfect for those challenges, LeAnne!
=]

Dena J said...

Two marvelous Christmas cards, LeAnne! I do love the crisp clean look of the top card. Thank you for playing along at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the dotty background and the fun polka dotty tree! Two festive and fun cards, LeAnne!

Hali said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining 52CCT

Kampin' Karen said...

Lovely cards. I have so many Christmas cards left from last year that I doubt I'll enter any challenges...but you never know!

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful Christmas cards, thanks for playing at 52CCT challenge

SmilynStef said...

love the texture of the ribbon ... so very glad you joined us with your Santa at Jingle Belles.

Anna York said...

What a festive card. The Christmas tree and the sparkle really are amazing. Thank you for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to you joining us again.
Anna, Design Team

Brandi said...

I love the touch of shimmer and your Christmas tree is adorable! the Gold with the red shimmer is awesome. Great Card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

pssmitty papercrafts said...

I love the sparkle! Really fun card!
Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Patty S, Design Team

lauren bergold said...

ok BOTH of these are gorgeous, obviously, but of course i'm bound to say the authentique santa is my fave, right? and he is SO handsome, plus you've added exactly the right embellies to set him off. (that doily especially!) So pleased you could join our Jingle Belles fun!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

What a great use of the AHSC sketch to make a Christmas tree card. I love the glitter strip and sparkles. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge last week. Please join us again soon.
:) Marie