Sunday, June 5, 2022

PP594 Strawberry Thanks

Hi there, stamping friends!  It's Sunday and it is our first Paper Players challenge of June!  Anne Marie is our hostess with this fun theme:

Since I just did a "beverage" card a couple of days ago, this time I thought I'd do a food....strawberry, in particular!  A friend from church had John work on his car and he brought over a quart of delicious freshly-picked strawberries!  SO yummy and so much better than the ones you get in the store!  So I thought I'd make him a strawberry thank you card!  So here we go:


I have ONE strawberry stamp in my collection...this one is from Altenew...and I happened to find some strawberry paper in my stash, along with a few others that matched!  I used the sketch from Just Add Ink:


which is a really fun sketch to use up some of your DSP scraps!  I stamped and colored the strawberries and leaves and mounted them on a diecut panel of Very Vanilla.  The sentiment is from Friends are Like Seashells, as are the little speckles behind the strawberries.  I added a few sequins from my stash as well.


I added another sentiment from Altenew on the inside:


And now I'm going to go eat the rest of the strawberries, LOL!  I hope you'll find something fun to use with our theme challenge this week and that you'll share it with us at the Paper Players blog!  Check out what the DT created as well...your mouth will be watering (or maybe you'll be thirsty!)!!!  Thanks for visiting today!

Cassidy had her soccer tournament yesterday and although she did very well, her team came in last.  It's hard to explain to them that it's a team sport, it's a game and although disappointment is a natural reaction, you stay upbeat and move on to the next year!  The pictures aren't the greatest, but Dana said she played really well!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Friends are Like Seashells, You Are (Altenew), Beautiful You (Altenew)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Poppy Parade, Kiss the Cook DSP (BoBunny), Country Kitchen DSP (Carta Bella), Digital Gingham
 Ink Poppy Parade, Memento Black, Mint Macaron
Accessories Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Layered Squares Dies (ret), Stylish Shapes Dies, Blends  

15 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Love the strawberry paper. What a treat to receive fresh garden strawberries. My father always had a strawberry patch and asparagus. I miss that. Have a blessed day.

Kerry Parkinson said...

A very sweet card and one I'm sure will be appreciated by the recipient as much as you appreciate the fresh strawberries he gifted. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink. Cheers, Kerry DT

Jennie Maier said...

What a cute card! Love those papers and the matching strawberries! There's nothing like fresh picked strawberries, I love them! Great job with the theme. Have a great week!

I Card Everyone said...

There you go again! You have the most wonderful paper stash of all, LeAnne! LOve your delectable strawberries - your coloring is that wonderful 'storybook style' I love so much!
=]
ps does anyone coin the '..it's how you play the game.' wisdom anymore?

Carol L said...

Your choice of designer papers looks so pretty on this great sketch design and I like those strawberries! We just got strawberries at a farm stand yesterday and I froze 4 pints! Cassidy is so grown up, it's hard to imagine how small she was not that long ago! Her team will win in a future game so hopefully she won't be discouraged! Playing your best is all that really matters anyway :)

Lisa Elton said...

And what a pretty little strawberry stamp it is! This is terrific, LeAnne! Well shucks, sorry they lost.

Ann Schach said...

What an adorable card, LeAnne! The strawberry paper, along with the other patterns, really sets the stage for the cute strawberry image. Hugs to Cassidy and her team. Have a wonderful week!

Chantell Randall said...

Love your papers and Strawberry theme. Chantell Just Add Ink

Cindy Beach said...

A great sketch and I love the mix of pretty papers you used! The strawberry looks sweet and so cute with the sequins, speckled dots and scallops! Great coloring!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Those strawberries look yummy and I love the paper mix - this card is so fresh and summery!

Ida said...

Yum! Strawberries are my favorite fruit and your card looks good enough to eat. Love the various patterned papers you used to create the patchwork look.

Claire Broadwater said...

I just love the mix of patterns. Those strawberries look yummy. I love the little splatters behind them, too! Such a happy card! I know they will love it!

Christy Lynn said...

Congrats on your card being a winner over at Just Add Ink! Well-deserved, love the fun mix of patterns you used and your strawberries look great. Thanks for a fun challenge!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Super cute, LeAnne! What an absolutely awesome mix of pattern and color and the sweet strawberries just steal the show. thanks for rocking my challenge this week. Hugs!

Jaydee said...

Ann, you have mixed these DSPs beautifully! I love your wonderful strawberries and how the strawberry DSP ties the two layers together. Fabulous card!
hugs
jaydee