Wednesday, June 8, 2022

TCC177 You're Awesome

Hello stampers, happy Wednesday!  Time for a new Card Concept challenge, where we use different concepts to create our cards!  Here's our timely prompt for this week:

What a great inspiration for Father's Day or any masculine birthday or anniversary, right?  Except I have NOTHING that vaguely resembles anything on the prompt, except perhaps some leaves!!!  So I went with the plaid theme, grabbing some of the Plaid Tidings DSP from a couple of years ago and an element from the new He's the Man DSP to create my clean and layered card for today:


I took a piece of Mango Melody, diecut it with a die from the All That set, and then ran it through the Timber embossing folder.  Before running it through, I inked one side of it with Soft Suede ink to give it the two-tone effect.  I then cut it in half and layered it behind the grilling element and added a couple of stamped stars and some Rustic Metallic Dots:


Since the plaid had stripes of Merry Merlot in it, I chose to mount it on a card base of that color.  On the inside, I will add a sentiment when the time comes!  It's always a challenge to have masculine cards around, so I was happy to add this one to my stash!  I hope you'll be inspired to create a masculine card using our prompt too!  Check out all the "concepts" on the Card Concept blog, then share your creation with us too.  Meanwhile, check out all the fun cards our design team has come up with as well!  See you there!

Here's another project I recently finished for my July 4th decor:


And here are a couple of cuties....patriotic Raggedy Ann & Andy!  I found them at a yard sale for 50 cents apiece!  They're sitting in my tiered tray on my kitchen table:


Thanks for popping by...enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
StampsBackground Blocks (on the small stars, Concord & 9th)
Card stock & Papers     Mango Melody, Merry Merlot, Cajun Craze, He's the Man Specialty DSP
 Ink Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Accessories Mini Dimensionals, Rustic Metallic Dots
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, All That Dies, Timber EF, Small Star Punch (ret)

3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the mix of new diecut with the plaid - and the inked woodgrain really takes things up a notch! So nice to see your cross-stitch and home decor too!

I Card Everyone said...

Plaid wins every time, LeAnne! Now tell me what guy wouldn't love to hear these words at least once a year?
=]
ps love the new decor even more!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this sentiment, what a fun guy card! Cute new 4th of July decorations too!