Monday, June 6, 2022

Summer Surfin'

Happy Monday, peeps!  It's another beautiful day here in PA and it was a beautiful day for our picnic yesterday! But I was exhausted afterwards and didn't stamp at all!  So I took some time this morning to celebrate almost-here summer with a card that uses the sketch from Atlantic Hearts as well as the theme from Make My Monday, which is summer fun! 


I pulled out some summery papers along with a surfboard stamp set that I bought a couple of years ago and have never used!  Yikes!  So here we go:


Basically a very simple card....layers of fun papers, and I stamped the surfboards on some scraps of the same papers and colored them in with blends. 


 The sentiment was heat-embossed on vellum and diecut with a rectangle die:


On the inside, a sentiment from the new Charming Sentiments:


Thanks for popping by today!

I've been doing a few crafty things lately, mostly cross stitch; I made this little pillow for my niece's new little baby boy, due in a couple of weeks, it's to hang on his crib:


And I had been knitting a few little stockings, to practice my Fair Isle skills, so I took one and made it into a baby's first ornament:


I can see that tag getting all bent up from year to year, but oh well!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Charming Sentiments, Summer Surfboards (Pretty Pink Posh)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Vellum, Wild Wasabi (ret), Soak Up the Sun DSP (Carta Bella)
 Ink Memento Black, Bermuda Bay, Versamark
Accessories Black Embossing Powder, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Heat Tool, Stamparatus, Blends

12 comments:

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne!!!!!! Your cross stitched pillow and the knitted ornament made my Monday!! Sooooo stinking adorable! Not to mention super impressive. I can knit scarves and that's it. Adding a pattern, yikes!! Your card is also adorable.

I Card Everyone said...

There is no end to your talents, my friend!
Darling surf's up card - I always said this to my kids after tucking in - and your knitting skills go beyond 'fair!'
=]

Talitha said...

Love the cross stitch pillow! Is the pattern your own or is it available to purchase or as a freebie somewhere? I like to cross stitch, too.

And the card is a keeper, too.

Thanks.
Talitha

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute mix of paper and the surf boards are fun! Wowee to your other projects, you're amazing!

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Super cute card! Love the colors and the summer feel, perfect use of the sketch!
Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Patty S, Design Team

Dena J said...

So impressed with your other crafty skills! That pillow is something that will be treasured and handed down, I'm sure.
The card is so pretty - full of summer colorful goodness. Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this summer-themed card (that swimsuit paper is soo cute!) and I am totally loving your cross-stitch shares - you are inspiring to me get my much-neglected cross-stitch out too! And that knitted stocking - just too cute!

Anna said...

What a fun summer card. I love all of the bright colors and patterns! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Anna, Design Team

Brandi said...

So fun, so much bright and happy here I love it!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Such a fabulous cheerful card! This card really made me smile. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week. Please join us again soon!
:) Marie
AHSC DT

Sue Jackson said...

What a fabulous summer card! The bright colors really scream sunshine and happiness! Thanks for playing along with my MMM challenge. I hope to see you in the gallery again soon!

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Amazing card Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday challenge

auw wat een supertoffe kaart, Leuk dat je meedoet bij Make My Monday challenge

Hugs

grtjs Claudia

DT Make My Monday challenge

Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com