Wednesday, February 12, 2020

SSC224 Delightful Birthday


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  This will be a quick post today, it's a busy day for me!  The Sunday Stamps challenge this week is a sweet little sketch:


and I needed a few more birthday cards for my February birthdays, so I pulled out some of the beautiful florals from the Well Dressed DSP and went to work!  Delightful Day is an under-rated stamp set, in my thinking....it's a fun little set that's great for treats, but it also has a nice birthday sentiment and a pretty little flower:


I diecut a tag from Whisper White cardstock using the Bonanza Dies, then used my Stamparatus to stamp the sentiment in Lovely Lipstick, the flowers in Blushing Bride, and the stems in Mint Macaron:


Before taking off the flower stamp, I added a little "swoosh" with a Melon Mambo marker and stamped over the first stamping....I like that effect!  I also colored in the leaves with a Blender Pen and some Mossy Meadow ink:


A few tiny sequins and some Mint Macaron ribbon finished it off!  I mounted the floral DSP on a panel of Lovely Lipstick to really bring out those rosy hues, and added it all to a white card base!  It's in the mail and ready to go!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy your day and be blessed!  

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Such a beautiful 'pre-Spring' card for your February birthday girl, LeAnne!
=]

Heather said...

Love it, LeAnne, and how great that stamp set goes with that DSP, too - brilliant! Super cute and Spring-y! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how PRETTY!! The floral paper is incredible and I love the sweet tag you created to pair with it!

chasingbeans said...

It’s so beautiful, love it!

Linda Callahan said...

Love these sweet blooms! Lovely Lipstick is my favorite red!

Annette Elliott said...

Hi, LeAnne! A lovely card showing off the beautiful floral DSP! Thanks so much for playing along with this weeks challenge at Sunday Stamps!

Lisa said...

Such a pretty card and great take on the sketch!

Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!