Tuesday, February 25, 2020

RRCB129 Season's Greetings in Red


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  It's time for another Retro Rubber challenge, and it's an "Anything Goes"!

Image may contain: possible text that says 'Retro Rubber Challenge #129 Anything Goes!! (must use stamps older than a year) February 25, 2020 March 6, 2020 theme challenge #rrcb129'

I recently saw a Harry and David box that contained some Christmas goodies, and I just loved the red and white theme:


So I thought it would be fun to re-create it on a Christmas card, using some retired SU dies and stamps!  I cut out a couple of houses from the Hometown Greetings dies in Real Red, tapering the bases so that I could layer them on a white card base:


I popped up the right hand layer with some mini dimensionals:


I stamped the little snowflakes in the sky and the greeting in Real Red as well, using some older Paper Pumpkin stamps:


The inside sentiment is also from Paper Pumpkin....as far as I can remember, these are from October 2017 and November 2016.


The Jingle Belles want to see lots of red on our Christmas cards, so I am entering it there, and the Christmas Kickstart challenge wants red as well!


It's always fun to have an Anything Goes challenge at Retro Rubber!  When you share yours with us, make sure your stamps are at least a year old, and tell us the age!  Can't wait to see you there!



12 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LeAnne, I love this little houses, so festive in red, perfect for the Holidays, you did a beautiful CASE of the lid of that box.
Hugs.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm seeing RED in the cutest of ways, LeAnne... you've recreated that Harry and David scene so sweetly!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

WOW! I never would have thought to use red and white. I LOVE your card better than Harry & David!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love these dies - what fun inspiration and a great way to continue to build the Christmas card stash!

Lorraine said...

Wow! Love that red and white scene.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, i like the way you've recreated that pretty box! This is wonderful LeAnne!

Jan Clothier said...

LOVE this! I'm a great fan of that particular set too. The way you've added in the red snowflakes is what really holds it all together - great card.

SmilynStef said...

what a fabulous recreation of your inspiration piece ... so very glad you shared your RED with us at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

oh wow that is a FAB take on the inspiration piece and a gorgeous card on absolutely any level. not to mention a great use of RED! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun with this fortnight! ♥

Linda Callahan said...

Great inspiration led to a fabulous card! Love it!

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is a real beauty, LeAnne - very classy. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Claire Grantham said...

LeAnne, what a great way to kickstart Christmas! I love the pop of the red houses and sentiment against the white and I love that you made the 'snow' red too. Claire x