Friday, February 21, 2020

CASC&S358 Positive Thoughts


Happy Friday, everyone!  My card today features some spring-like colors from the Clean and Simple Colours and Sketches challenge:


Aren't they pretty?  I wanted to practice some blending skills, so I heat embossed the greenery image from Positive Thoughts on some Shimmery White cardstock with Craft White ink and White embossing powder, then blended on some Pear Pizzazz ink.  This is what I came up with:


I added some Grapefruit Grove faceted gems to my greenery, as well as a diecut butterfly:


And I added a sentiment from Woven Heirlooms before tying on some crinkly seam binding that I had dyed with some Daffodil Delight ink:



I used the Stitched Rectangle die to cut out my panel beforehand, layering it on two panels of Whisper White cardstock that had been diecut with the largest scallop die from Stitched So Sweetly dies; I trimmed one end off one of the diecuts and carefully layered them together to create a larger mat.  It all went on a Grapefruit Grove card base!  I left the inside blank; I'll fill in a sentiment when I need to!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Positive Thoughts, Woven Heirlooms
Card stock & Papers     Grapefruit Grove, Whisper White, Shimmery White
 Ink Memento Black, Pear Pizzazz, Craft White
Accessories White Embossing Powder, Dimensionals, Blender Brush, Grapefruit Grove Faceted Gems, Seam Binding
Tools    Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Nature's Thoughts Dies, Daffodil Delight Blends, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy

9 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Oh this is pretty LeAnne - the ink blending is a great way to highlight the fern image. I have resisted getting this set, but you and Jan are going to push me over the edge I think!!

Kampin' Karen said...

I never know what to do with the seam binding ribbon I have. You used it perfectly here. I do like that stamp set but haven't ordered it yet. Have a blessed weekend.

I Card Everyone said...

Just so lovely to see green, LeAnne! Love those ferns! [and of course the butterfly!]
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This is dreamy Leanne and has me longing for spring!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love how the leafy stems pop against your green background. What a great look! The butterfly, the scrunchy bow, and the sentiment are all perfect!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful background you created with embossed image and blended ink! Very striking card. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

samantha's cards said...

What a pretty card, great use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

Linda Callahan said...

So pretty for spring! Love the yellow bow!

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

Beautiful card - I love it. Great use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S