Sunday, February 2, 2020

PP476 Hello Baby Love


Hi crafty friends!  Well, it's Sunday---Super Bowl Sunday---and Claire and the Paper Players have a "lovely" challenge for us today! Check it out:


I've been stamping Valentine cards up a storm, so I thought I would take a different route with my "love" card today!  Can you guess the love theme for my clean-and-simple card today?:

 

The So Sentimental stamp set has a sweet little baby stamp with a little heart on it, so I thought I would use that, along with some Pool Party gingham!  I stamped it in Pool Party as well, coloring in the heart with a Blend, then diecutting it with the smallest Stitched So Sweetly die:


My triple row of hearts features two dies from Close to My Heart; I diecut the top layer in Whisper White, then the bottom layers in So Saffron, Balmy Blue and Blushing Bride, and adhered them to the top of my card:


They work perfectly for the CAS Colours and Sketches challenge sketch for this week:



I don't know anyone who needs a baby card right now, but it's always nice to have one on hand!  I just think these colors are so sweet together, and babies mean LOVE, right?!  I hope you'll play along with our challenge this week, too!  Less than two weeks until Valentine's day, if that's your motivation!  We can't wait to see what you create at the Paper Players!  Thanks for popping in today!

A little ice skating at the University of Delaware's rink yesterday:




Wayne is a good skater, but I think perhaps some practice might be in order for Cass...apparently there was a lot of falling down, LOL!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps So Sentimental
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Balmy Blue, Pool Party Gingham DSP
 Ink Pool Party
Accessories Pink Pirouette Blend (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Heart Border Dies (Close to My Heart)

15 comments:

Michelle said...

So beautiful and soft, love it!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne any excuse for you to get those gingham DSPs out again is good enough for me! But, you are so right about this being perfect for a baby card... love, indeed!
=]

karen h said...

Such a sweet card! Love the soft colors! Great job with the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at CC&S!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a sweet card to welcome a new little one, LeAnne! Love the soft colors and the gingham is a perfect touch. Someone sure looks like she had fun ice skating!

Vicky Hayes said...

WOW! This is my new favourite of your cards LeAnne! I love the pastel hearts borders that look as if they've been iced with sugar and they look wonderful against the check background.
Anyone that can ice skate without falling over has my utmost admiration!
Vicky x

Linda Callahan said...

Those heart rows are as sweet as can be!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh LeAnne, I think this is just adorable! And YES, babies shout "LOVE"!!!!! The gingham is just perfect and the rows of pastel hearts are beautiful! You certainly made my challenge shine this week! Cassidy looks like she is having a blast. I could roller skate, but ice skates were always a challenge for me!

Lisa Elton said...

All that gingham and those pretty little hearts...this is SO SWEET!

laurie said...

Your rows of hearts are adorable!! Really cute baby card.

Skating looks like fun!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Such a sweet and pretty card - love the soft colors and the gingham! Looks like a fun day at the rink!! :)

Stef Perry said...

Oh yes, if not Valentine's, a baby card is exactly right for the love theme! Love those sweet pastel colors and beautiful heart die cut border. Every detail is perfection!

Jeanne said...

Love this! It's a fantastic CAS card! Perfect for a baby but change up the colors and sentiment, and it could be for many occasions - Valentine's, wedding, engagement... Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

Patricia Hays said...

I love the soft colors and the rows of little hearts! So cute! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S! :)

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne...love this card beyond word!!! Just adorable!

Ann Schach said...

What a wonderful card, LeAnne! I LOVE the three rows of hearts. This is one of the cutest baby cards ever...simple and sweet!