Thursday, September 17, 2026

FMS754 Deepest Sympathy

 Happy Thursday, all!  Unfortunately, we needed a sympathy card as our neighbor passed away. I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


I used a couple of digital papers, a sentiment from Hero Arts, and a wee bit of twine:


I diecut the gingham with a scalloped die; the sympathy sentiment was diecut with a banner die, and I also embossed around the outer edge with a cross-stitch die:


The inside used a sentiment from Prayers & Promises:


Since it's pretty clean & simple, I'm also going to enter it at the Krafty Chicks this week:


Thanks for popping in today!

Dana, my friend and I had a wee bit of success at our local fair; Dana won a first prize for her crocheted top; I won a first for my cross stitch and a third for my shadowbox, and Claudia won a third for her flag afghan:





So many talented crafters out there!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Prayers & Promises, Sentiments 342 (Hero Arts)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Fall Scrappy Papers (Etsy Digital), Tiny Gingham Papers (Etsy Digital)
 Ink Mossy Meadow
Accessories Natural Tones Linen Thread, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Banner Dies (Pink & Main), Cross Stitch Die (Taylored Expressions), Be Mine Stitched Dies (ret)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The card is simple but so, so pretty. I always struggle with sympathy cards, but they mean the world to the family I think. On a happy note, I’ve never seen any more beautiful handwork from you ladies. Dana’s sweater is gorgeous and looks like high-end fashion. Congratulations to each of you who still value and enjoy handwork! Thank you for sharing. Renita

I Card Everyone said...

Such a beautiful way to send condolences, LeAnne and I'm sure they will be much appreciated. I sure appreciate the work and talent that goes into making cards from our sketches and this one is fantastic!
BUT WOW do you girls have lots of other talents too! Congratulations to you, Dana, and your friend - I'd love to see Dana wearing that top!
=]

Anonymous said...

Hi there love the card, tfs
the top from the fair is awesome and so is ur cross stitch, used to to cross stitch but
fingers got to where they did not like it. Have a GREAT DAY.

Christy Lynn said...

Beautiful sympathy card for your neighbor, LeAnne. That is my least favorite type of cards to make so I usually try to make them when I DON'T need them so I have a few on hand when I do need them.

Gorgeous work on your fair entries! My mom has entered the Texas State Fair a few times with crocheted afghans but I don't think we've ever entered any of our cross stitches (I do cross stitch more than she does now, but she's the one who taught me). Were there lots of patriotic projects this year? I know I had seen a lot more patriotic patterns for the 250th.

Jen Timko said...

This is so beautiful, LeAnne! I'm sure they will appreciate such a lovely card. Congratulations on all the success. Incredible work by you all. Always glad to see you at FMS! (and your link photo is all fixed)