Friday, September 11, 2026

AYSI381 Color Challenge

Happy Friday, everyone! Hope you have some fun stuff planned for the weekend!  It's time for a color challenge at As You See It, and this one is quite striking: 




I really had no clue what to do with this challenge, but I remembered a set from Colorado Craft and a little light bulb went off! I normally do not go quite as literal with my stamping, but this one just had to be:


I first embossed a piece of Basic Gray cardstock with a Tim Holtz Brick embossing folder, adding some dimension by swiping my Basic Gray ink pad on the inside of the folder before embossing.  I then stamped my door on some Azure Afternoon cardstock, gave it a little watercolor shading and fussy-cut it out.  The little kitties were stamped, watercolored and also fussy-cut, then they were all mounted on an Azure Afternoon mat and white card base.


I didn't want my sentiment to overpower my design, so a simple hello from an old Flourishes set worked fine!  I have been updating all my stamps in a database, adding sentiments so I can find one when I need it, and I have forgotten a lot of my older stamps, so it was nice to give this one some love!  

I know this is a challenging color combo, but I enjoyed thinking outside the box a bit and I hope you will too!  Play along with us at As You See It!  Can't wait to see what you create!  Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Home Sweet Home (Colorado Craft Co), Sweet Violet (Flourishes)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Azure Afternoon, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate
 Ink Basic Gray, Azure Afternoon, Versafine Black
Accessories Mini Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Brick Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz), Bitty Banners Dies (ret), Aquapainter

1 comment:

Kim S said...

What a fun use of the colors! Those little guys are so sweet!