Happy Thursday, peeps! I am off to a late start today! It's hot and sticky and pretty miserable here in SE PA, so I felt I needed a fall card to help me cool off! My sweet friend Renita sent me a beautiful birthday card and when I asked her about the background paper, she said it was a NAPKIN!
I have heard of the napkin technique, but never tried it! And don't you know, she sent me a whole supply of GORGEOUS napkins with which to play!! Thanks, Renita! So I looked up the technique on line (I used Lou Collins' method) but it looked as if there were lots of tutorials out there! So here we go:
Can you believe that's a napkin? I used a piece of scrap cardstock and brushed on ModPodge, then adhered the napkin. Lou gives some tips on her video, so I recommend watching it first. But honestly, it took five minutes to create the page. You do need to let it dry, so I waited until this morning to make my card. The sentiment, stamped on some Wood Grain Wonders DSP, is from the retired Pretty Pumpkins set. I added some diecut leaves and swirls from the two-toned Peaceful Pines cardstock, and a few sequins for fun:
My card base is Timid Tiger; I stamped birthday sentiments from Cutest Crew in Timid Tiger and Early Espresso:
And since it is a birthday card, I am entering it at the Krafty Chicks birthday challenge!
Thanks for visiting today! Enjoy it and be blessed!
"You can be sure that on the Judgment Day you will have to give account of every useless word you have ever spoken. Your words will be used to judge you--to declare you eiether innocent or guilty." Matthew 12:36-37
| Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified | |
| Stamps | Cutest Crew, Pretty Pumpkins (ret) |
| Card stock & Papers | Basic White, Timid Tiger, Wood Grain Wonders DSP, 2-Tone Peaceful Pine, Napkin from Hobby Lobby |
| Ink | Early Espresso, Timid Tiger |
| Accessories | Sequins from my Stash, ModPodge |
| Tools | Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies (ret), Detailed Pumpkin Dies (ret), Patterned Pumpkin Dies (ret), Broad Paintbrush |
2 comments:
Oooh I hadn't thought of that technique in many years! Now to hunt through my orphan napkins stash and find a pretty one!
I tried the 'ironing' method years ago, LeAnne - with no success I'm sad to say. Mod Podge sounds like just the ticket, and the proof is in the pudding... your gorgeous Autumn card!
Post a Comment