Sunday, August 30, 2026

PP801 Tic Tac Toe from Jaydee

Hello, stamping friends!  Time for a new Paper Players challenge, and since it's the fifth Sunday of the month, our hostess Jaydee has a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge for us:

 


I chose the diagonal of patterned paper, free and circles, but I could also do the center column of things that fly, free and texture!  Here we go:

At first glance, it doesn't look as if I have any patterned paper, but my embossed background is actually a piece of Soft Sea Foam DSP from a few years back; I thought you might be able to see the floral pattern, but the Lazy Daisy embossing pretty well hides it!  I had these three circles sitting on my desk, unused, from another project so I decided to keep these colors for my little birds from the Cutest Crew!  I stamped them in black and did some watercoloring with Lemon Lolly, Soft Sea Foam and Crisp Cantaloupe:


I added an assortment of sequins from my stash, and stamped this sentiment on the inside:



Cute and sweet! I hope you'll find some inspiration from our Tic-Tac-Toe grid and share your creation with us at the Paper Players as well!  Lots of possibilities there!  

And I thought I would share this "Soft Sea Foam" moth that John found while mowing!  It is a Luna moth, and it is 5" across.  Not sure why it didn't stay alive, but it was in perfect condition!


It reminded me of times when Cassidy and I would find things in nature that she would take to school for show and tell! Those times are long gone, LOL!  Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Cutest Crew, Teeny Tiny Wishes (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Soft Sea Foam, Lemon Lolly, Crisp Cantaloupe, Soft Sea Foam DSP (ret)
 Ink Versafine Black, Soft Sea Foam, Lemon Lolly, Crisp Cantaloupe
Accessories Sequins (from my stash), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stylish Shapes Dies, Lazy Daisy Embossing Folder, Aquapainter

4 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is such a pretty birthday card. I LOVE the embossed floral background! I know you love birdies and these are the cutest. Great color combo, too! Certain to bring a smile! That Luna both is so beautiful! Have a wonderful week, My Friend!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I do spot the patterned paper now that you mention it! Even prettier embossed with these fields of daisies! I love your itty-bitty birdies and how you've used those sweet little circles!
WOW, thanks for sharing the Luna - poor thing. Maybe there is a local lepidopterist around you? They'd probably love to have this beauty!
=]

Wendy said...

Such a fun birthday card with all those circles and those cute little birds! I also love that EF!!! Great job on the challenge, LeAnne! The moth is beautiful but sad what happened to it. Don't think I have ever seen one up close.

Stef Perry said...

What is it about cute little birdies? That trio is adorable and works so well with the collage of circles. The embossed dsp is lovely too, even if the pattern is faint. Super cute card LeAnne! The moth is amazing. I have never seen one that big IRL, however, I do have some postage stamps issued this year for non-machinable envelopes and the image on them is the luna month. Thanks for sharing the photo!