Saturday, August 29, 2026

Blessed Christmas Tides

Happy Saturday, all! I have a Christmas card for you today; it was sort of a test, but it didn't come out too bad, but I will definitely be attempting this again, it was fun!  The 52 Christmas Card Throwdown wants to see cards made with the Fractured Technique (there is a link on their blog), and the Jingle Belles want to see stickers!  I just happened to use a sticker on my card, so yippee!


Here we go:


My vintage panel is from Cathe Holden's Christmas Flea Market Finds' Loving Christmas Wishes stickers.  I cut a couple of strips from Poppy Parade using the Taylored Expressions Easy Strips dies...these were 1/2" and I think they're just a wee bit overpowering for my image.  Next time I'll try the 1/4" ones!  They all went on a One Horse Sleigh DSP from a couple of years ago.


I added a Simon Says Stamp Pretty Bow 2 diecut, shabbying it up a bit with some Crumb Cake ink, and an old sentiment from Cornish Heritage Farms on the inside.  


This technique is incredibly easy and really eye-catching! I will definitely be trying it again, because heaven knows I have a plethora of Christmas papers!!! 

I belong to a knitting/crocheting/crafting group at my church and it is full of extremely talented women!  My friend Claudia recently created this afghan.....it was a labor of love and it took a LONG time:


Each white stripe is crocheted in a different stitch, and all the stars were crocheted, then sewn on individually!  (She said they almost did her in!!!)


I've convinced her to enter it in the Solanco fair--I hope she wins!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Vintage Christmas Expressions (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, One Horse Sleigh DSP (ret), Cathe Holden Stickers
 Ink Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Easy Strips 1/2" Dies (Taylored Expressions), Pretty Bows 2 Dies (Simon Says Stamp)

No comments: