Friday, April 5, 2019

Sad Card Today


Hi everyone!  Today, I am sharing probably one of the saddest cards I have ever made; my cousin's 8-year-old grandson died yesterday after discovering he had an extremely aggressive case of a rare cancer.  Sadly, I have never even met my cousin or any of his family....he lives several states away and as siblings, my mother and his father were never close.  That does not mean the pain is any less....I just can't imagine their loss.  I know they are a very closely-knit family and they will rely on each other, friends and the Lord to get them through.  I recently got these cute vintage-style stamps from 100 Proof Press, and since Owen had just gotten a little puppy, I thought they were ideal for a sympathy card for the family:


I used the black & white challenge from Inspire.Create, and the sketch challenge from Case This Sketch:


I used some plaid papers from My Mind's Eye's Winterberry line and stamped my images and sentiment in Stazon:


On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from Papertrey along with another little puppy image:


Hug your family members today....you never know what the day will bring!  Be blessed, my friends.

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Happy Tails, Puppy and Bowl, Boy with Dog on Leash (both 100 Proof Press), Inspired Prayer (Papertrey)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Basic Black, Winterberry DSP (My Mind's Eye)
 Ink Stazon Black
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits

13 comments:

Margaret said...

Lovely of you to send.

Kampin' Karen said...

I am so sorry, LeAnne. This is starting out to be a sad April. I'm sure they will appreciate your card and what I know will be heartfelt note.

Marilyn W. said...

How very sad. We, too, this past week lost a very dear friend to an aggressive cancer which had been diagnosed only 5 days before his death. He had not been sick at all and the only reason he went to a doctor was because he had back pain that would not respond to any over the counter medication. He was in his very early 80's. Although I don't know your cousin, I will remember his family in my prayers in the hopes that they will find a way to cope with their loss.

Jan Clothier said...

Such a sweet card for such a dreadful event.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness LeAnne, this breaks my heart. I will keep your cousin and his family in my prayers. I can not imagine a loss like this. Your card is darling and is sure to bring them comfort. Take care sweet friend.

lisa808 said...

Oh LeAnne, I am so very sorry. This is sad news. I'm certain your thoughtful card will be appreciated.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh LeAnne: I saw your card at the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge and I had to come here to let you know how very sorry I am for your cousin's loss.
Making Sympathy cards is extremely difficult but, when the card is for someone who lost a child, well.....that's just so very sad.
Your card will convey your sweet message to the grieving family, I can't even imagine having to deal with this kind of loss.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs.

Vickie said...

Such a sweet sweet card LeAnne for such a very sad occasion. So very kind of you to make and send this card when you don’t have a relationship with your cousin. Shows who you are....and the person we know from here.

Linda Callahan said...

Sad news indeed......your card is sweet.....

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

How very sad LeAnne - I’m sure your card will bring comfort and let them now they are in your thoughts and prayers. Sending hugs to you. Xxx

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so sorry to read this sad news today, LeAnne... I really cannot imagine this pain. Your condolences will be welcomed, my friend - and such a sweet, heartfelt design.
M

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh LeAnne, I am so very sorry! This card will bring them such comfort. I am deeply saddened and will pray for them. My cousin lost her son at 5 to cancer. It left a hole in our hearts forever. May God grant your family peace. XXX

Ann Schach said...

A post which brings tears to my eyes, LeAnne. I am sure your card brought them peace and comfort. I will be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers...