Thursday, April 4, 2019

IB66 Speckled Eggs


Happy Thursday, peeps!  Hope your week is going well....I haven't felt very crafty lately, my craft room has been a disaster so hopefully in cleaning it up I might find my mojo!  Today is Inspired By day, and I have to admit that this is one of my favorite challenge photos ever.  I nudged my mojo along enough to make this:


And here is Laurel's prompt:


Aren't they pretty?  And when I saw this photo, I knew just what I wanted to use!  I had this SU stamp Soft as a Feather many years ago and sold it....and then regretted it!  I found it again on ebay a while back and this is the first time I have "re-used" it!  I began by painting a page from an old book with some white craft paint, then stamping the nest on it with Early Espresso ink.  I stamped the eggs from the same set, along with some others from Nature's Walk and colored them with Pool Party Blends, then cut them out and popped them up:


I diecut the book paper with a Spellbinder's die (thanks, Claire) and mounted it on a Pool Party card that I ran through the Woodgrain embossing folder, then sponged with Crumb Cake ink.  (Since this folder really weakens the fibers of the paper, I adhered a piece of cardstock to the inside left side of the card to stabilize it.)  Finally, I added a linen thread bow, some tiny punched hearts, and stamped a sentiment and some "stitch" lines, both from Close to My Heart sets:


I left the inside blank; it might be an encouragement card, a sympathy card or an Easter card....I haven't decided yet!  I hope you'll play along with our pretty challenge this week at Inspired By too!

I saw directions to make a little Easter basket in the latest BH&G, so I thought I would try it out with Cassidy....and it was a bust!  It was a little too fussy for her, although she really gave it a good try! 


She was relieved when I told her she didn't have to finish it, LOL! (Grammy even thought it was a challenge, LOL!)


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Soft as a Feather (ret), Nature Walk (ret), Stitched Borders, Inspired Words (both Close to My Heart)
Card stock & Papers     Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Soft Sky (ret), page from an old book, Naturals White
 Ink Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Accessories Linen Thread
Tools     Big Shot, Woodgrain EF, Curved Matting Dies (Spellbinders), Triple Heart Punch (ret), White Craft Paint, SU Blends, Sponges

10 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

What a sweet card! You sure got crafty on this one and it shows. Great idea to paint the DSP. It looks awesome with that sweet nest. Glad you found the set again to re-purchase, definitely worth it! That basket does look challenging but it's cute!

Kampin' Karen said...

I can see why you regretted selling it. Your card is gorgeous. The eggs look real. Who would have thought to swipe craft ink over the word page. The sentiment is one that was a song I used to sing when I discovered who Jesus is! Everything you have done here is perfect...you did not lose your mojo! The basket is sweet, but I can understand why Cassidy wasn't thrilled...that's weaving, Grammy!

Vickie said...

What a sweet sweet card LeAnne...Love it. A lot of thought went into this. Love the sentiment also. Cute basket...Well done.

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! I love the embossed background, the nest of gorgeous eggs and the sentiment!
So happy you loved your goodies! XXXX

Lisa Elton said...

This is oozing with Spring LeAnne, very pretty!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is such a pretty card LeAnne - love the painted DSp, it shows off your nest of eggs a treat. Great job on the basket! I used to make these with my SU! brown packing paper in days gone by, but they are trickier than they look - well done to Cassidy for persevering!

Linda Callahan said...

Total work of art! Beautiful!

I Card Everyone said...

Glad you gave that Mojo a kick in the plants, LeAnne! LOve this nest, and every speckled egg in it!
=]

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne...LOVE your next!

Kim S said...

This is absolutely stunning. You achieved such amazing dimension in that nest and it's surrounded with such beautiful details.