Tuesday, April 23, 2019

RRCB109 Anything Goes in a Garden


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  It's time again for the latest Retro Rubber Challenge, where we challenge you to use stamps at least one year old!  This week, it's "Anything Goes"!  Yay!  That's always fun!

Image may contain: text

My SIL has a birthday coming up, and she loves to garden, which gave me a chance to use one of my all-time favorite older SU stamps. Garden Pleasures, from 2001--wow, that's 18 years ago! So here we go:


I used the Global Design Project's sketch for this week, flipping it so my little birds would be looking at each other:


I stamped my image on Shimmery White cardstock, watercoloring it with an aquapainter and inks:


I added a sweet little Be Mine diecut Kraft element at the bottom, after cutting the image out with the Stitched Rectangle die (shortening it a wee bit).  The little sentiment banner is from a set called Small Sayings, from 2006; the inside birthday sentiment is from Better Together (2016); the rest of the images are from the same Garden Pleasures set:



I hope she likes it!  And I hope you'll play along with us as well!  Remember, stamps have to be at least a year old, and you must tell us the age in your post!  Check out all the DT samples at the Retro Rubber blog!  Hope to see you there!

Speaking of gardening, Cassidy is getting into her own little gardening groove:


Dana said she did this planter all by herself!  I think I need to put her to work on my patio!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Better Together, Garden Pleasures (ret), Small Sayings (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Naturals White, Shimmery White, Crumb Cake, Kraft (ret), Precious Memories DSP (Graphic 45)
 Ink Stazon, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Balmy Blue, Flirty Flamingo
Accessories Linen Thread, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Be Mine Dies, Radiant Sunflower Die (for circle) (Simon Says Stamp), Aquapainter

14 comments:

Kim S said...

It looks fresh and new!! I have never gotten rid of a Stampin' Up set and was surprised to see that I don't have this set - it's charming!

Joan V said...

Oh, love this card. With all the new techniques, it is fun to see how people make old stamp sets into something so totally updated. Thanks for sharing.

I Card Everyone said...

18 years old??? Oh my goodness, LeAnne … does SU ever re-release, because this one is as fresh today! What a darling place for your bluebirds to build their nest! [gorgeous coloring!!!]
Cassidy is bound to become a gardening lover herself - great job, Miss C! When she's done with yours, can I borrow her? lol xx
=]

Linda said...

Hi LeAnne, It has been too long since I have stopped by your blog and said Hi. I get your post every day in my email and shame on me for not coming over. I do send you a blessing every time I read your post. I can't believe you are planting it must be so nice there. I haven't been home since I saw you. Cassidy is getting so big. I got to see my granddaughter last week. She came to WI with her other grandma.
I hope you are doing well. I know that your creations are wonderful.
Big Hugs,
Linda

Kampin' Karen said...

That hat is so perfect to go along with Cassidy's planting. I see a Master Gardener in the making!

Bonnie said...

This stamp definitely is a keeper, LeAnne! I love how you've colored it and the bluebirds and the DSP you've layered it on! Your SIL will love it!

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet pair they are! This is such a charming card, love it!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, first of all, I didn't realize you're a SU demonstrator. Now I know who to go to for my certain things I always like to get from SU. Bookmarking your blog. Okay, I came here from Retro Rubber so I could read up on your card. The oldies are some of the besties, aren't they? Pretty! By the way, I could put Cassidy to work on a few planters. She did a great job!

Linda Callahan said...

Some of the oldest SU images are my favorite.....they were ahead of their time and I wish they would go back to some of that type of design! This card is delightful in every way!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh LeAnne, I love these pictures of Cassidy, she is so beautiful and so sweet helping grandma in the garden, I too wish she could come by to help me with my flower beds.
Now, on to your beautiful card.....Oh my gosh, I just love this image, the hat turn into a nest is just adorable and what a beautiful idea it is, I can see the little birds flying in and out of it, so sweet.
Every time I see a Stampin' Up! old set I go on the hunt and, believe it or not, there are a couple of them on Ebay, hmmmmm..Wink 😉
Beautiful card my friend.
Hugs.
Maria.

Peggy Goetzke said...

I thought I was the only person who had ths set. I have the oven and cupboard too and the fireplace set. Now that we have the stamparatus maybe we can use them. Haha!

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne..Love the little birdie on your Retro Rubber card... and that sweet little die cut border is perfect. What a great design element! Thanks so much for the invite this week to Retro Rubber...I am truly enjoying this challenge.
BTW...Cassidy is looking adorable! I need her down at my house...I am doing the planters today and am dreading it a bit. She is such a dream. Take care. Eliz

Tracy Grauer said...

Congrats for getting Honorable Mention for this card at GDP#186!

Claire Grantham said...

LeAnne, love your card, such an adorable stamp and i really love the matching birdie in the little circle. I envy Cassidy, I miss being able to create planters for my Mum's patio.. the downside of apartment living in NYC. Cx