Sunday, April 28, 2019

Paper Players 439 Sketch from Claire


Happy Sunday, peeps!  Hope you're having a good weekend so far!  It's time for another Paper Players challenge with Claire as our hostess, and she's given us a lovely sketch to work with:


Like everyone else, I still have a big stash of beautiful DSPs in my files, and the new catalog will be out soon with even more new patterns and colors coming, so I am trying to use some of it up!  The Share What You Love Specialty paper is so pretty, with all it's loose florals, so I chose these patterns and the Stitched All Around stamp set to make a birthday card:


The elements in Claire's sketch are pretty large, but I didn't want to hide that pretty background paper, so my vertical strip is made from vellum, embossed with the Subtle embossing folder.  I stamped the sentiment in Mint Macaron and diecut it with the gorgeous die from Stitched Labels; and can you see the Mint Macaron rhinestones?  I colored them with a SU blend!


My final additions were a little fussy-cut flower tucked down on the bottom portion of the panel, and the sentiment diecut with another die from the Stitched Labels set:


I also backed my horizontal panel with a Tranquil Tide base and added a little tiny strip of striped paper to tie all the colors together!  I wonder who will receive this card on their next birthday??

I hope you'll play along with the Players this week...this sketch is full of possibilities!  Check out what the DT created:


Before I go, I wanted to share a photo of the some of the "girls" in my church small group; we got together and visited one of the girls who doesn't drive in the evening, so hasn't been able to come out to group.  She recently lost her husband as well, so to cheer her up, we brought lunch and created a card!  My friend Robyn is an experienced stamper, so she helped out as well!  They used the Big Shot, Wink of Stella, and the Stamparatus, as well as the Jar of Love set:


And here's the card we made!  They all did a fabulous job and had fun, too!



 Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Stitched All Around
Card stock & Papers     Soft Seafoam, Whisper White, Tranquil Tide, Share What You Love Specialty DSP Vellum
 Ink Mint Macaron, Tranquil Tide
Accessories Rhinestones, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Labels Dies, Mint Macaron Blends, Subtle EF

13 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne! Those papers are so pretty and the stitched detail on the label makes it perfect for a front-and-centre showpiece. I love all of the little details too, such as the coloured bling, fussy cut flowers and mini stitched label - they all add up to make this a really special card. Your girly lunch looked fun and was super thoughtful, I hope your friend enjoyed it too- everyone sure seems pleased with the cards - love the pop of yellow from the blooms on your CAS jar card, so pretty!

Kampin' Karen said...

You are the queen of fussy cutting! It's so perfect it looks like a die cut. Love your card and the DSP you put together. The card your group made is lovely too. What a thoughtful act of kindness. I can't drive at night either and many of my friends will pick me up to take me somewhere. It means the world to me but I rarely go out at night until the days get longer, like now!

Betty4 said...

What a lovely gathering LeAnne. Papercrafting with a group is so enjoyable and it gets your mind off of things for awhile. Our group meets today and I'm so looking forward to it.

Doris said...

What another wonderful way to use cardmaking to minister to others. Looks like they all had a good time!

laurie said...

How pretty! I love all the papers you chose for the sketch, perfect! Great idea to use some up..so there's room for more..lol!

Lisa Elton said...

What beautiful label die cut! It looks right at home on your sweet floral paper.. This is a wonderful card LeAnne! Looks like the ladies were good students, pretty cards by all!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, that is pretty paper and, yes, I'm one of those who has paper coming out my ears. I still love using it and this sketch is a good opportunity to do so. Very pretty card, LeAnne!

Claire Grantham said...

LeAnne, your PPA card is gorgeous, love all the little details and that frame is amazing! So lovely of you all to go and visit your friend, love the card you made, so simple and elegant. Cx

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful! And I want to be your neighbor.....so I can join the craft group!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a beautiful card, LeAnne! I'm going to miss this DSP a lot. The patterns and colors are so beautiful together. That fussy-cut flower is the perfect detail, too. So pretty!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely beautiful, LeAnne! This paper is one of my favorites. You have showcased it perfectly. Like Linda, I would LOVE to be your neighbor! It looks like you all had such fun!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is gorgeous! I love that beautiful DSP and that die is fabulous! You certainly rocked my sketch this week! Looks like a fun day with your crafty friends! Have a fantastic weekend! XX

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, you were right not to hide that gorgeous paper. The embossed vellum was the perfect way to handle the vertical element - and the embossing took it over the top. A gorgeous card. I love the card you and your crafty friends created, too!
hugs
jaydee