Saturday, April 22, 2023

Three Cards, One Sketch for In(k)spire Me:

Happy Saturday, peeps!  I've been playing around with some different techniques lately, after seeing some lovely cards out in blogland!  I needed three thank you cards, so I decided to use the same sketch and stamp set for all three, making each one a little different. I used the sketch from In(k)spire Me, although I didn't use the color palette:


So let me show you the first one, which is my favorite:


All the cards use the flower from Quiet Meadow and the sentiment from Nature's Prints, and all are on Very Vanilla cardstock.  The flowers were stamped with Stazon ink and after I made sure the ink was dry, I used a circle stencil to sponge in some Boho Blue ink:


Then I tore a piece of cardstock and used the ragged edges as another type of stencil, and sponged in some ink between the edges for a faux torn strip.  To the left, I stamped the fern image in Crumb Cake and added a Linen Thread bow:


My second one uses the same stencil technique for the flowers, using Moody Mauve and Boho Blue ink.   I used the Best Borders die to cut the panel in sections, stamped some foliage underneath on the Moody Mauve card, and added a Linen Thread embellishment as well.



The third one was watercolored instead of stenciled, and I used Calypso Coral and Soft Seafoam inks along with a strip of Calypso Coral DSP and a bit of frayed Baker's Twine, all on a Soft Seafoam card.



I do enjoy watercoloring, so this one is probably my second-favorite!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Quiet Meadow, Nature's Prints, Color & Contour (speckles)
Card stock & Papers     Thick Very Vanilla, Moody Mauve, Soft Seafoam, Calypso Coral DSP
 Ink Stazon Black, Boho Blue, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, Moody Mauve, Soft Seafoam
Accessories Linen Thread, Crisp Cantaloupe Baker's Twine (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Best Border Dies, Sponge Daubers, Aquapainter, 

12 comments:

Wendy said...

All 3 cards are so pretty, LeAnne! I loved the techniques that you used on each one and gives each card a unique look! I think the 2nd card is my favorite but love the colors on the last one! Great job!

Kampin' Karen said...

Oh, my, your creative mojo is working overtime! I love them all but I will be CASEing the first one! TFS. Have a blessed weekend.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm not sure what the 'spotlight' coloring is actually called, but I have seen it often this week - it was a sweet way to color those darling flowers, LeAnne. Love all three - and yes, especially the water-colored one!
=]

Bonnie said...

These sweet flowers deserve to be spotlighted, LeAnne! I love them in each color and the different ways you've done the side strip! I think the ferns are my favorite too, but all three are fantastic!

Tracy Grauer said...

A trio of beautiful cards! So much creativity!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fun post LeAnne! I love the way you've showcased this set, showing the different looks that you can get by switching up the colours and styles. My favourite is the green and coral one - so pretty and fresh! Vicky x

Anonymous said...

Firstly, these cards are really great. Love the stenciling idea. They are all fab! Also thank you for sharing the goodness of the Lord with your peeps! I am also a woman of faith.

Lisa Elton said...

They're all three lovely, LeAnne and the first is my favorite too! Hope you have a great weekend!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love all three of these LeAnne but I think the first one is my favourite. The combination of spots and torn mask is really effective and I love the clean feel of this card.

Lorraine said...

These are gorgeous. Great technique work.

Linda Callahan said...

I love all three! Beautifully done!

barb said...

Gorgeous and inspirational!