Wednesday, April 26, 2023

TGIF417 Cupcake Birthday

Hi peeps!  A quick little post today, lots to do!  The TGIF challenge this week is to do partial diecutting---which sounds daunting, but once you get the hang of it, it's not hard!

In fact, I used the sample in the challenge photo for my own card!  Here we go:


To create the partial diecut, line up your circle die (this is from the Stylish Shapes) along the inside center of your card; you need to measure it so that the top of the cut doesn't exceed 5 1/2", so it will still fit inside the envelope.  Line up the very edge of your top cutting plate somewhere along the center of the die, (practice on scraps first), which will keep that portion uncut. Keep the rest of the plate along the portion you DO want to cut out, then run it through your cutting machine.  You will be left with a half circle cut out of the middle of your card.  Fold the card at the diecut area so the half-circle is above the rest of the card, and trim the card at the bottom, just in case you have a little overhang.  You'll see what I mean when you try it!  Anyway, I used some new Bubble Bath cardstock, the new Circle Sayings set and the soon-to-be retiring Gingham embossing folder.  I colored in the cupcake with Bubble Bath and Moody Mauve inks, then added some Wink of Stella:


The birthday sentiment went on the inside:


And then I used the One-Hole Bow method to attach some gingham to the front.  The One-Hole Bow keeps it from sliding off the front of the card.  You can see a tutorial HERE; my upline Pennie is the one who showed me this many, many years ago!


Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Circle Sayings
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Bubble Bath
 Ink Memento Black, Bubble Bath, Moody Mauve
Accessories Black & White Gingham Ribbon, Wink of Stella
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Gingham Embossing Folder, 2 1/3" Circle Punch, Punch Tool (ret)

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is a great birthday card with the yummy cupcake taking center stage! Love the embossing too!

Wendy said...

What a pretty birthday card, LeAnne! Love the colors and that sweet cupcake! We use to call this style of card a Tent Card. Haven't made one in years! This is such a fun stamp set...I have yet to ink mine up. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

Ooh, pink and black...one of my faves! TFS.

Linda Callahan said...

So cute! I love the new Bubble Bath color!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LOVE this!! The colors, the gingham, the partial die cut ...it's all delish!! I can't wait to try this technique over the weekend. I've always been afraid to try it...you've given me courage. Thanks, LeAnne!

I Card Everyone said...

Two very clever tricks on a very sweet little birthday card, LeAnne! LOve the embossing, too!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Such a sweet way to say happy birthday!