Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Just Wanted to Say Thanks

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  It feels very much like Monday to me, as we went to the Delaware shore for a wee little mini-vacation over the weekend.  I should have brought my shorts, as it was very warm!  Anyway, we are back and I am trying to get back into my stamping groove!  The sketch from Atlantic Hearts seemed fun, especially paired with an interesting color challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments:



I pulled out Happiness Abounds to use it one more time before it retires, so here we go:


I mounted some strips of Pool Party and Mint Macaron DSPs on a scrap piece of paper and trimmed it down, then stamped, diecut and watercolored some flowers and leaves from the set.  I combined sentiments from Country Bouquet and Biggest Wish to finish it off:


I did add a couple of sequins from my yard sale stash to the centers of the flowers for some pizzazz!  Thanks for popping in today!

The town of Lewes, Delaware, is where we stayed; it's the same town where Dana and Wayne got married, and they are noted for their gorgeous flower beds!  The tulips were just about done in most of the beds, but I managed to snag a few photos nonetheless:

Wisteria along the canal, and some lovely lilacs:

Tulips everywhere:




And even a wreath I saw on a door--so pretty!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Happiness Abounds, Country Bouquet, Biggest Wish
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Pool Party & Mint Macaron DSPs
 Ink Mint Macaron, Pool Party, Blackberry Bliss
Accessories Sequins from my stash, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Blossoming Happiness Dies, Aquapainter

13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

wait just a minute - you had a yard sale and didn't let me know?? lol
Loving those minty stripes of DSP with the purple posies - would have never thought to combine those colors but they are gorgeous here on your card, LeAnne.
Love your photos - the tulips and every other Spring blooming flower. Especially the lilacs!
I might have to stamp a few while I wait for mine!
=]

Heather said...

Love your card, LeAnne, your DSP stripes are genius - how cool they look together, and the purple flowers pop right off the screen! Your weekend trip looks amazing, too - what a getaway! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous flowers on your card and in your travels!

Lisa Elton said...

This is delightful, LeAnne the blooms are so sweet! Love the photos of the flowers. Looks like a pretty town to stroll through!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the way you combined those colours for the background panel - they work really well (a pleasant surprise!) and really allow those purple blooms to shine. Delaware looks like fun too - and more gorgeous florals!

Pamela said...

I love how you used the DSP to create the strips for our sketch and spring is def here in your neck of the wood. Thank you for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch and always share your wonderful creation with us

Allisa said...

Gorgeous pics, it is like the Lilac pic was color coordinated just for your card! Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

Jenny Engelke said...

The mint and pool dsp's really look lovely together! They sure do make those pretty flowers pop! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Lorraine said...

Beautiful color combo on these. You've reminded me about the New Castle garden tour we used to go on around this time when my daughter was still at UD. It was free back then. Glad you enjoyed your time in Lewes.

Brandi said...

I love the subtle nature of your stripes and the pop of colour with your flowers is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Stampin Expressions said...

A lovely and clever use of the colors from the challenge! You watercolored your flowers so beautifully! I love all the tulips you saw on your trip, they are amazing! (tulips are my favorite so I wish I had seen them all) thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, this turned out to be such a pretty card. The DSP strips work so nicely together. Thank you for joining us at HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

brrenwick said...

Beautiful use of the Hand Stamped Sentiments colors with the sketch! Thank you for joining us!