Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Inspired By Nature in Purple

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Laurel Seabrook has a pretty Inspired By Nature photo inspiration today as well as a fun sketch:


Isn't this pretty?  Are there really purple mushrooms in real life?  Not sure!  Anyway, I usually RUN from shades of purple, but I thought I would challenge myself.  I used the sketch as well as some purple cardstocks, so here we go:


I used panels of Purple Posy (retired), Fresh Freesia and Highland Heather for my layers.  I used some dies to cut some scalloped panels, then added some embossed pieces on top.  The smallest layer is a diecut tag; I stamped the words from Quiet Meadow in Craft white ink, then added a spring stamped in Soft Seafoam on top, and embellished it with some Linen Thread:


My final addition was an embossed sentiment on a little banner of Soft Seafoam:


I am also entering this at Little Red Wagon this week, which is asking for layers! Definitely out of my comfort zone, but hopefully someone will enjoy receiving it!  And it was fun to use some retired as well as retiring products!  Thanks for popping in today; enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Quiet Meadow, Forever Fern
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Highland Heather, Fresh Freesia, Purple Posy (ret)
 Ink Craft White
Accessories Linen Thread, Dimensionals, White Embossing Powder
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Scalloped Contours Dies, Tailor Made Tags Dies, Forever Flourishing Dies, Falling Petals EF (ret), Quilt Top EF (ret), Heat Tool

8 comments:

Carol L said...

Purple and green is my favorite color combo and I love the different pastel shades you used to create this. The texture is wonderful with the embossing and stamping on the tag. Beautiful!

Wendy said...

Loving all the purples on this card, LeAnne! All those embossed panels just spoke to me! LOL Love the green sprig and the embossed sentiment! Great job on the sketch challenge!!

I Card Everyone said...

You've chosen the prettiest of all the shades of purple for your layered beauty, LeAnne! Ending with a tag on top was such a good design idea!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Oh, LeAnne, I love everything about this card...the colors, design, die cuts...it's wonderful! The only disappointing thing about it is that you didn't enter it in Pammie's Inky Pinkies ATG Challenge...wink, wink!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the way you've layered those lovely shades of purple! Wonderful card, LeAnne!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous layers and colours Leanne, love the leaf and bow, gorgeous card..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Laurel said...

Fantastic card! Loving all of the texture! You nailed the challenge. Thanks for playing along

Lorraine said...

Wonderfully done.