Sunday, January 30, 2022

PP576 Butterfly Birthday

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Joanne is our Paper Players hostess today and since it's the fifth Sunday, we have a fun tic-tac-toe grid!  Check it out:


I chose the bottom row across (although I could use the right column too!), so here we go:


I am still on a bit of a vintage kick.  I saw this card that my friend Bonnie created recently and I remembered that I had that butterfly image, although smaller, as well, so thanks, Bonnie, for the inspiration!  I started with a piece of Crumb Cake and stenciled a pattern from the new Butterflies and Flowers Decorative Masks with some white craft ink, then heat-set it and diecut it with a Stitched Rectangle Die.  I stamped the butterflies in Stazon Black ink, then stamped a scripty stamp on top with some Crumb Cake ink, diecut it as well, then added a Basic Black mat.  The sentiment from Friends are Like Seashells was stamped, diecut and embellished with a little piece of Basic Black, diecut with a Basic Borders die:


Before mounting it on a Very Vanilla card front, I dyed some Gingham ribbon with the leftover reinkers I had from this card, then tied it around the panel:


This will go in my birthday card stash!  

I hope you'll play along with our fun grid this week....check out the DT created on the Paper Players blog, then share you creation with us too!  Thanks for visiting today!

A little bowling fun with some friends from church:



She even beat her mom, her dad and her stepdad!!  Beginner's luck, I think!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Friends are Like Seashells, Papillon (Tim Holtz), Outpost (Artistic Outpost)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Basic Black
 Ink Stazon Black, Crumb Cake, Craft White
Accessories Gingham Ribbon, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Butterflies & Flowers Decorative Masks, Blending Brushes, Basic Borders Dies

13 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I really like your design, the ribbon and who doesn't love butterflies. Go Cass!

I Card Everyone said...

OH, do I love these butterflies! Gorgeous neutral card, LeAnne!
=]
well done Cassidy!

Ann Schach said...

A beautiful card that's right up my alley, LeAnne! You know me and my love for cards with a vintage vibe. The butterfly panel reminds me of an old book print. LOVE it! Have a wonderful week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

You are so good at vintage LeAnne! I love the combo of neutrals with all that black detailing - those butterflies look like they've come straight out of a botanical journal. Fabulous!

Bonnie said...

I'm glad I inspired you my friend, and you've inspired me on another way to use this stamp. I can't believe I let it sit in my NBUS box for so long!

Lisa Elton said...

The butterflies are terrific and I like the white flowers on the kraft panel! Lovely card! High five, Cassidy!

Denise Willerton said...

what a beautiful card LeAnne ~ the butterflies and neutral colours are fantastic!!!

Jennie Maier said...

LeAnne, I love that subtle flowered background! You have inspired me to get my masks out and play! Great card!

Christy Lynn said...

This is beautiful, LeAnne! I love the stencil background and the script behind the butterflies is such a pretty detail.

laurie said...

So pretty! Love the vintage look...a beautiful card!

Cindy Beach said...

This one really caught my eye! The white embossing on kraft is something I always love, and the vintage vibes and butterflies are lovely!

Claire Broadwater said...

Leanne, this is gorgeous! I love the botanical look of these butterflies! Just WOW! So gorgeous!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love those butterflies, LeAnne! I love the black and white with the Crumb Cake, too. So clean and classy!