Tuesday, April 27, 2021

RRCB157 Vintage Sketch

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  It's time for a new RetroRubber challenge, where we encourage you to use your older stamps!  We have a sketch for you today:


What a great sketch...lots of layers to play with!  As I was trying to "clean" my craft room, I remembered I hadn't played with these two sets from 2010 and 2011:  French Foliage and Nature Walk.  I also haven't done a vintage-style card for a while, so here we go:


I started with some vintage ephemera background papers, probably from My Mind's Eye, but they were in my scrap bin, so I don't know the maker for sure; I stamped images on a Naturals White panel in Stazon Black, Crumb Cake and Sahara Sand, and lightly stenciled a pattern over them:


I added some "splatters", a couple of honeycomb diecuts in silver glimmer paper and a tattered organdy rose, which also had some glitter adhered to it.  I stamped the bird once on the panel and again on a scrap, then watercolored and fussy-cut him out:


The sentiment is from Itty Bitty Greetings; I did a bit of sponging as well to add to the shabby, vintage look.  It felt good to use all these sweet images and I always love a vintage-styled creation!  

I hope you'll play along with our RetroRubber sketch this week; just remember to use stamps at least a year old, and tell us the approximate age!  Thanks for popping in today!  

Three fun-lovin' girls!!!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Itty Bitty Greetings, Nature Walk (2011, ret), French Foliage (2010 ret), Gorgeous Grunge (2013, ret), Itty Bitty Backgrounds (2006, ret)
Card stock & Papers     Naturals White (ret), Misc DSPs, Silver Glimmer Paper
 Ink Stazon Black, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede
Accessories Dimensionals, Organdy Rose (ret), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Detailed Bee Dies (ret), Sponge Daubers, Aquapainter, Basic Pattern Decorative Mask, Blending Brushes

13 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

GORGEOUS card, LeAnne, and such a thoughtful collage-style creation! Your fun-loving girls look like they are enjoying the time of their lives! hugs de

Kampin' Karen said...

Your vintage cards are always wonderful but this one is over the top!

Denise Willerton said...

LOVELY card LeAnne ~ Ihaen't created a vintage card in SO long ... you have me inspired!!! thank you so much for sharing :-) ((hugs)) have a beautiful day

Vickie said...

Lovely LeAnne....soft and sweet...Vintage

I Card Everyone said...

So lovely in all those wonderful neutral shades, LeAnne! Just love it!
=]

Lorraine said...

Those sets are great for collage-type cards and you've really made a beauty.

Vicky Hayes said...

I love both these sets LeAnne and have never thought to use them together! (I might even have some paper that coordinated with Natures Walk hoarded er... I mean stored away!) Such a pretty vintage look! Love the girls' selfies. My, they certainly are well-travelled lol!
Vicky x

Bonnie said...

Now that's the way to use some fantastic scraps of papers! Love all the elements in this collage and especially this beautiful bird!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the little bits of glitzy honeycomb you added to all of those wonderful neutrals! Pretty card, LeAnne!

lisa808 said...

Gorgeous!!!

Linda Callahan said...

When it comes to vintage and s/s/s....no one is better than you! Absolutely gorgeous!

Conniecrafter said...

Love your vintage style card, gorgeous details!

Colleen Begley said...

No one does Vintage like you. This is such a great card!