Friday, April 30, 2021

AYSI249 Simple Sympathy

Happy Friday, everyone!  It's time for a new (delicious) As You See It challenge...check this one out! 


I am not a fan of macarons (I think they mostly are coconut, right?) but I AM a fan of those gorgeous colors!  Yummilicious!  Unfortunately, I needed another sympathy card for some family friends...this is their third loss of an elderly loved one in probably as many months!  I made a clean and simple card to send to them:



I used the sketch from CAS Colours and Sketches:


and used the Pierced Blooms dies for my florals and the Nature's Thoughts dies for the diagonals pieces (here's a tip: use spray adhesive like LocTite on the back of those thin diecuts!) :


I used a Thick White cardstock base, as I embossed it with the Subtles EF and I find it holds up better with the embossing.  The sentiment is from an older Hero Arts set, diecut with a Tasteful Labels die, and the sentiment I used on the inside is an older Our Daily Bread Designs set; I added  few extra flowers I had diecut:


Hoping it brings them peace and comfort.  And I hope you'll play along with our pretty color challenge too!  Find all the details at the As You See It blog!

I haven't shared any bird pictures for a while, because I haven't seen any interesting birds!  But I saw one yesterday that I did not recognize, so I took several pictures with my cell phone (which is really poor for photos); it was just a brown bird, but I knew I had never seen it before:


As I was texting the photo to my sisters, who are both avid birders, I realized in one of the other photos I took that there was a rose breasted grosbeak on another rung of the feeder!!  And I didn't even see it because I was so engrossed in the other bird!!!


It turns out that the brown one is the female!  I had a male show up at my feeder last year (they are only migrating through) but that was the first time I saw a female!  Here's are some better pictures I took with my camera, as they came back several times:



At this angle, the female is much more attractive than I first thought!  Doesn't she look funny with that seed hanging out of her beak?



It was a thrill to see them both!  Now, I am waiting for my Baltimore orioles to return, and maybe a scarlet tanager!  Thanks for indulging my bird-brained-ness!  And thanks for visiting today; enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps CL342 Sentiments (Hero Arts), Scripture Collection 1 (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Card stock & Papers     Thick Whisper White, So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Mint Macaron, Soft Suede
 Ink Soft Suede
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Subtles EF, Nature's Thoughts Dies, Pierced Blooms Dies, Tasteful Label Dies

14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I wish you hadn't needed this card, LeAnne - that poor family - but I just know your card will let them know how much you care. It is so wonderful - LOve those blooms!
I knew right away what your mystery bird was - it's that telltale beak that gives her away! Wonderful photos, LeAnne! I've never had such a view of her lovely yellow breast feathers!
We have 4 baby bluebirds in the nest box right now! No Orioles yet, but soon! and then the Hummers will arrive, too! I love MAY!
=]

Lorraine said...

Your card is beautiful. I love that sketch. I think macarons are made with almond flour - I want to try to make them some day. I love the birds. We had a male turn up last year on it's way through to where I don't know, but it didn't stay long. Great captures.

Tracy Grauer said...

Sweet card. Beautiful birds! Thanks for sharing.

Kampin' Karen said...

Great take on the design and colors. The birdies look like they were posing for you! Have a blessed weekend.

Kate said...

Sympathy cards are always so hard to make. thank you for sharing that. I just love the bird photos. Where I live I mostly have sparrows hahahah but I feed the sweethearts, anyway. I do have a couple of woodpeckers, one small and a flicker. Thanks for the birdie pictures

Carol L said...

That's a gorgeous CAS card for sympathy. It's sad that any family had to lose 3 loved ones in such a short time but I'm sure your card will bring them a smile. The bird pictures are fabulous, and who knew the male would have such pretty coloring while the females are just brown? Bummer for the females :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Such a shame that you needed another card for this poor family - I hope those cheery blooms and sentiment bring them comfort and lift their spirits, I love the die you used for the diagonal lines too - so effective!

JoAnn said...

Great take on the sketch and the colors. Love your card LeAnne. Those Sttched Blooms is one of my favorites. TFS

Bonnie said...

Wow! I've seen male Rose Breasted Grosbeaks at our feeders a couple of times when they were migrating, but never saw the female or didn't recognize it as such if I did! Fabulous photos, LeAnne! An uplifting sympathy card in those macaroon colors too!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful design! I love the die-cut strips and flowers! I'm sorry you needed to make a Sympathy card though. The bird pics are fabulous. It's always fun to see birds from other countries. Thanks for joining us at CC&S:)

Jeanne said...

Love your take on the sketch with the stitched flowers - and such pretty colors too! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry for the loss your friends have gone through. Your lovely card will touch their hearts. My photographer hubby would love capturing those birds! We just bought a hummingbird feeder. Hopefully they'll pose for him!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the sweet simplicity of this card! I need to break out those flwoers!

Holly's Handmade Card said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S!