Thursday, April 29, 2021

IB172 Happy Retirement

Happy Thursday, everyone!  We have a new Inspired By challenge for you...check this one out: 

And here is the optional sketch, which I sort of followed!

And here we go:


I admit that this one threw me for a loop; I don't think I have ever made a retirement card, so I only had one little puny retirement sentiment, which I didn't really like.  I liked the sunglasses and flipflops, but couldn't come up with something that worked for that either!  So I chose to focus more on the green gem and silver bracelet, lol!  I stamped my Nothing Better Than cocktails in various shades of green, added some silver background stamping from an old Paper Pumpkin set, and mounted it on a green glimmer mat and a Just Jade card base!   


I used Just Jade and Granny Apple Green and a retired Silver Encore pad for my images; the sentiment is from Friends are Like Seashells.  My final addition were a few green and silver sequins and some dry embossing using the Elegant Dots EF.  

I hope you'll find some splashy inspiration from our cute little photo this week...be sure to check out what the other designers created as well.  You can see them all at Inspired By!  Thanks for popping in today!

While Wayne and Dana finished up the painting project at their home, Cassidy made them breakfast:



Looks pretty yummy, wish I had been there!  I love eggs and toast!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Nothing Better Than, Friends are Like Seashells, Paper Pumpkin (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Just Jade, Green Glimmer (ret)
 Ink Just Jade, Granny Apple Green, Silver Encore (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals, Sequins from my stash
Tools     Big Shot, Love You More Than Dies, Elegant Dots EF (ret)

11 comments:

R's Rue said...

I love it. It’s so fun.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Vickie said...

Now Cassidy can cook...just love that girl. How old is she now LeAnne...A special one for sure. Bless her

Danni Reid said...

My goodness this is incredibly fun, festive, and the kind of party we all need right now! I LOVE how you were inspired and love your gorgeous stamping in all those beautiful shades of green! Cassidy is the sweetest and that breakfast looks delish!

I Card Everyone said...

Cheers are most definitely required for a proper retirement card, LeAnne! You've aced it! The circles of the bracelet, AND that perfect Jade green of that little jewel!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Je t'adore! Very creative. Breakfast looks yummy and I'm glad she likes to be in the kitchen!

Bonnie said...

Yum, I was just wishing for some Sonic limeade! Looks like you have it on the menu! LOL!

Lisa Elton said...

I see no signs of being stumped, Leanne! This is fantastic and I see the sketch for sure. How sweet of Cassidy, looks yummy!

Karen in Florida said...

I think you nailed it! Can't go wrong with celebratory cocktails for retirement. I love your silver circle background, too.
Great job with breakfast, Cassidy!!

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Love the colours

Cindy Beach said...

Even though we were inspired by the same things - the green gem and the silver - isn't it amazing how different our cards are as we carry the ideas out with what we have? I love this challenge, love this card too! You nailed it!

Linda Callahan said...

Looks like a fun retirement ahead! Great card! And that Miss C is so grown up now!