Thursday, April 15, 2021

IB170 Hand-Penned Friend

Hi peeps!  Thursday brings us a new lovely Inspired By inspiration photo:


and here's the optional sketch, which I used this week:


I promised I would be using the new Hand-Penned Petals again, and here it is!  I used some Hand-Penned DSP along with one of the new In Colors, Soft Succulent, and used two more In Colors to watercolor the floral, Pale Papaya and Fresh Freesia:


Instead of using the two-step stamp to color the flowers, I used ink and an aquapainter.  After diecutting the flower, I embellished the circle panel with a couple of black sequins from my stash and a Basic Black sentiment from the Well Written dies:


The Crumb Cake card base was embossed with the Subtle embossing folder before adhering everything together!  Now I hope you'll find some inspiration from our photo this week and play along with us at Inspired By as well! Thanks for visiting today!  

We have an alarm in our driveway that alerts us when someone is driving in.....and it went off at 8:30 in the morning, which is pretty unusual for company!  When I went to look to see who it was, this is what I saw:


The neighbors across the street have a small pond and every spring, two Canada geese build a nest, and I guess they decided to come over for a visit! Enjoy your day and be blessed!
 

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hand-Penned Petals (coming soon)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Soft Succulent (coming soon), Basic Black, Hand-Penned DSP
 Ink Memento Black, Pale Papaya (coming soon), Fresh Freesia (coming soon), Mint Macaron, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories Dimensionals, Sequins and Gem (from my stash)
Tools     Big Shot, Subtles EF, Well Written Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Aquapainter

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh so happy to see these beauties again, LeAnne! LOve the colors, and your design is wonderful!
=]
[when you said alarm, I thought you meant these two were honking! THAT can be alarming!]

Kampin' Karen said...

Pretty card, great design. I love Canada geese but they are soooooo messy!

beverly said...

This is one of the best suites in the new catalog. Love what you did with it. Waiting for my order to use this set.

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty, LeAnne! I always forget about the sketch and you always use it to perfection! I love hearing the Canadian Geese fly over honking away. Did these two honk you a good morning ??!!

Danni Reid said...

I could NOT love your card or your interpretation of the sketch more, this is so beautiful!

Bonnie said...

More pretty flowers, LeAnne, and an awesome use of this sketch!

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous take on the sketch and the flower interpretation...your card is beautiful :) !!!

JoAnn said...

Love your pretty flowers and the design of your card. Great take on the sketch. Beautiful card.

Linda Callahan said...

Fun sketch and I love the flowers! just got this set a couple of days ago! Time to open it!