Sunday, April 25, 2021

PP538 A Sketch from Claire

Happy Sunday, stampers!  I am back after my blog break, and I wish I could say that I got my entire craft room neat and tidy, but unfortunately, it's only a wee bit better!  I sure do have a lot of stamps!  I will keep chipping away at my stash and keep working on the "tidy" part though! 

Claire is our Paper Players hostess with week with a lovely sketch, and I pulled out a die I hadn't used for a while to bring it to life!  Here's the sketch:

I dusted off my Sunflower dies and some retired Flower and Field DSP for my bright and cheerful card:


I diecut the sunflower from some Whisper White and Bumblebee cardstocks, and colored the center with some Bumblebee ink:


I polka-dot stamped and diecut some Granny Apple Green leaves, then stamped a sentiment in Granny Apple Green and fussy-cut it to layer on top of a stitched banner:



I love how bright and sunny this card is!  Now be sure to check out all the samples at the Paper Players blog...then share yours with us as well!  Thanks for popping in today!


Cassidy was invited to her friend's birthday party and they went ziplining!  COOL!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline."  

 2 Timothy 1:7 

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hi There (ret), Dot Dot Dot (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Bumblebee, Granny Apple Green, Field and Flower DSP (ret)
 Ink Granny Apple Green, Bumblebee
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Sunflower Dies, Tasteful Labels Dies, Aquapainter

20 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Welcome back! The craft room is always the hardest to tidy I think - but if you need more practice, you know where to find me! Now to your card - I just love this! That big flower is so sunny and cheery, this is totally the card I wish I’d made this week!! Your crisp flower suits your DSP perfectly. I love it!

I Card Everyone said...

I don't remember this sunflower, LeAnne! But I cannot imagine you not using it before - it's just the sweetest - love the two-piece center! Another beautiful DSP, too!
Is this a before, or after shot? They look pretty excited!
=]

Marlene said...

First thing when I saw this gorgeous card was WOW! So bright and cheery. Love your color choices. Card turned out perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Bonnie said...

I LOVE how that flower looks so crisp and bright against the beautiful paper in the background! Very bright and cheery! Seems like the craft room is a constant work in progress!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I can't put into words how much I LOVE this card! That DSP is perfect to showcase your gorgeous sunflower! I wish I owned this die. I would never take it out of your stash! Sunny, happy and full of color is the perfect card! As for as cleaning my craft room-----hmmmm I wonder if mine will ever be clutter free and clean. I will worry about that tomorrow, Scarlett!
Looks like Cassidy had a great time. What a fun birthday party idea!
Thanks for making my sketch shine, My Friend! Have a great week!

Denise Willerton said...

I hope you enjoyed your little hiatus ~ such sweet card LeAnne :-) I love that sunflower and can't believe how little I've played with mine ~ you have me inspired my friend ~ have a wonderful day ((hugs))

Carol L said...

WB and what a gorgeous card to share too! Loving that dsp and big flower! I'm sure those happy little girls had a great time together - it's so good to see those smiling faces :)

Kampin' Karen said...

I've missed you so welcome back and I don't care if your craft area is tidied up! It's a beautiful card for your first day back and I only anticipate more beauty this week. Speaking of beauties...the 3 youngsters are that!

Linda Callahan said...

Boom! That flower packs a punch! Love it!

Nancy said...

As soon as I saw your card I was in love! I adore that sunflower and love the DSP you chose to showcase it with. As for your craft space, good luck and enjoy the process. You'll be so happy when you are done. Take care!

Lorraine said...

How wonderfully cheerful this card is!

laurie said...

This is a wow card!! It's gorgeous. I love that designer paper and your bloom is just stunning.

Ziplining sounds scary to me but just look at their faces..so excited!

Debbie Crowley said...

This really is a WOW card, LeAnne. The large sunflower and DSP are beautiful together. Your polka dot leaves add such a sweet personal touch. Enjoy the rest of your week and glad to have you back.

Lisa Elton said...

What a happy card and a fabulous sunflower, love this! Sounds like a fun idea for a birthday party!

Vicky Hayes said...

I hope the clearing and organising has kickstarted a whole new phase of creativity LeAnne! What a burst of cheer from this beautiful sunflower! I have no idea what ziplining even is but they all look as if they're having a lot of fun!
Vicky x

Amanda Mertz said...

I love big flowers with a bold black background! This is a stunner! Glad you made some headway in your craft space; there is always something left to do no matter how much we accomplish! Have a great week!

Lesley's Stampin Trix said...

This card is so bright and cheerful LeAnne! Thx for the inspiration at PP538 :)

Ann Schach said...

What a WOW factor this card packs, LeAnne! Gorgeous paper paired with this stunning die cut...it's hard to take your eyes off it! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fresh and fun card, LeAnne! Love the bold flower and the cute sentiment is the perfect touch.

Kim S said...

This is wonderful!! I love the big "sunflower" on that fabulous paper!