Wednesday, March 17, 2021

TCC151 Brilliant Butterfly

 Happy Wednesday, all!  Our Card Concept challenge for this week is a brilliant one:

I had a few ideas in my head, but since I usually don't tend to go for bright jewel colors, I thought I would use them, but in a minimal way!  So here we go:


My card base of Thick White cardstock was embossed with lines created with a stylus and my scoring board.  I added a panel of Magenta Madness and True Love DSP, then did a watercolor background on a piece Shimmery White cardstock with some Pacific Point ink.  I stamped the butterfly from Positive Thoughts and added some deeper shades of PP and Granny Apple Green.  I cut it out with some circular dies, and rhinestones added some sparkle.


Finally, a sentiment from Ornate Thanks, also stamped in Pacific Point and diecut with the same Stitched So Sweetly dies finished off my clean-and layered card:


I hope you'll play along with us; if you need to identify the different concepts we feature at The Card Concept, check out our blog, then play along!  Can't wait to see you there!


Thanks for popping in today---enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Ornate Thanks, Butterfly Gala
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Shimmery White, Magenta Madness, Pacific Point, True Love DSP
 Ink Stazon Black, Pacific Point, Granny Apple Green
Accessories Pretty Peacock Rhinestones (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Layering Circle Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Aquapainter, Stampin Score Tool

7 comments:

Colleen Begley said...

Happy St. Patty's Day, LeAnne. Pretty card, and even prettier ladies. What a great pic of your girls!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne it appears to me that someone has really had fun with that Monarch photo!! lol Don't you know I'd love to be able to add color to ours?
So pretty - and those jewel tones suit you!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

You've used the jewel tones beautifully, LeAnne, this is a wonderful card! Cassidy looks more like her mama everyday ;)

Kampin' Karen said...

I absolutely love your watercolored background. It makes for such a pretty card. The way you've used the Magenta Madness is perfect to tone it down! Gorgeous smiles on your pretty ladies.

Linda Callahan said...

Very pretty card....love your vibrant colors!

Kim S said...

Such a good call with just the pops of brilliant color! I love the background you created for that butterfly!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous - love the bright pops of colour on your card! Beautiful photo of your girls too!