Monday, September 9, 2019

TGIFC228 Spooky Coffin


Happy Monday, peeps!  This will be a quick post, it's Stamp Club day and I am busy getting ready for my stampers!  I saw this color challenge at TGIF and I thought it would be fun to use on a Halloween project:


I only bought one Halloween set this year (because I already have SO MANY!!!) but I did get these fun little coffin treat boxes....I am not usually into the scary, creepy Halloween stuff, I am more into fun little punkins and cute witches.....but these looked like they would be fun to put together and they were!  So here we go, using the new Wonderfully Wicked stamp set:


I fussy-cut the spider and bat out and adhered them with mini dimensionals on to the sentiment diecut, but before I adhered it to the coffin lid, I stamped the lid (unassembled) with Versamark ink and the Birch background stamp, then heat-embossed it with black embossing powder.  It came out really cool-looking, although it's tough to see here:


 

I finished gluing it together, put the lid on and added some Basic Black Scalloped Edge Ribbon for fun!  Now, my only dilemma is what candy to put inside!  Thanks for popping in today!

Over the weekend, we had a Fish Fry and a church picnic to attend.  I was too busy to take any pictures at the picnic, but I did get a few from the Fish Fry....Cassidy and her little cousin Jameson were quite the pair!  Jameson wrestled her to the ground (he doesn't know his own strength):


Then they both pretended to be asleep:


Isn't he the picture of orneryness?!!  Proud "Pop" (my BIL) looks on from the background:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Wonderfully Wicked, Birch
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Coffin Treat Boxes
 Ink Memento Black, Merry Merlot, Smoky Slate, Versamark
Accessories Basic Black Scalloped Edge Ribbon, Black Dimensionals, Mini Dimensionals, Black Embossing Powder
Tools     Big Shot, Nesting Labels Dies, Heat Tool

7 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

That is so cute! and wickedly fun. Have a great time with your stamp club gals.

I Card Everyone said...

REALLY cute coffin [a girl cannot have too many Halloween cuties] and wicked cute kids!!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

that is a cute treat box! And yes, he looks ornery...but CUTE!!

lisa808 said...

Wickedly cute treat holder!

Greta said...

Super cute project!

Wendy said...

This is so cool, LeAnne! I just got these and can't wait to fancy them up for Halloween! TFS

Tami Hewlett said...

Love your coffin treat box!!! Embossing the lid was a brilliant idea. It turned out darling. Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.