Thursday, September 19, 2019

IB90 A Little Notepad Just for Me


Happy Thursday, everyone!  The weekend is in sight, woohoo!  It's time for another Inspired By challenge, and this one was near and dear to my heart!  Usually I show the photo prompt after my project, but today, I am going to show it first!  Here ya go:


Now do you see why it was near and dear?  That's my very own initial (and Laurel's too, LOL!), so I knew I had to make myself a little project rather than a card!!!  I always like to take a little notepad with me in my purse, and Cassidy absconded with my last one (after she learned how to play hangman!), so I thought I'd make a new one!  So here we go:


There is only one wee little bit of stamping...the rest is paper and diecuts!  I had some gorgeous papers from My Mind's Eye called Gingham Farm, so I used that for the cover of my little note pad, adding a diecut "L", a wee bit of green accent paper and a sentiment from Close to My Heart.  I added some silver glimmer paper foliage and a few rhinestones for pizzazz!:



This will certainly be a fun way to take notes, right?!  And in case you're wondering how I did the cover, I used needle-nosed pliers to unhook the ends of the spiral wire and "turned" the entire spiral out of the note pad and set it aside.  I covered the notepad using a really strong adhesive; used a 1/8" hole punch wherever the original holes were in the cover, then put everything back together again and fed the spiral through, re-bending each end so it stayed together.  It's easy once you get the hang of threading the wire out and back in again!

I hope you'll play along with our Inspired By challenge and be inspired!  Thanks for popping in today!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Bunches of Joy (Close to My Heart)
Card stock & Papers     Basic Black, Silver Glimmer, Gingham Farm DSP (My Mind's Eye), Time to Celebrate DSP (Graphic 45)
 Ink Granny Apple Green
Accessories Rhinestones
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Be Mine Dies,  Little Letters Dies (ret), Flourish Dies, 1/8" Circle Punch, Needle-Nosed Pliers

5 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

What a pretty notebook, with its monogram, its elegant papers and those touches of sparkle!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne! L is also for LOVELY! and that is exactly the word for this darling notepad! LOve that grey rose patterned paper!!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

No one can abscond with that cute note pad...you've got it well trade marked! I loved hangman as a kid and love Wheel of Fortune now!

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable! And I still can’t believe you take out the wire and then rewire......I also still use the one you gave me way back at the very first convention when we first met! It is on my desk and holds all my passwords to stamp companies and classes.....lol.

Lisa Elton said...

This photo sings to my heart too!! Love your pretty little notepad!!