Sunday, September 1, 2019

PP457 Down on the Farm


Happy Sunday and happy September, peeps!  I am back from my bloggy vacation...we actually went ON vacation, rented a little apartment at the beach and John took me out for almost every meal....no cooking or cleanup, it was wonderful!  Unfortunately, I missed all my bloggy friend, the challenges, the comments....but it was good to take a little break!  But we are back, and I am the hostess at the Paper Players this week with a fun new challenge for you:


Some of you might know that I grew up on a dairy farm, and although my dad sold his cows when I was a senior in high school, I still have a fondness for farm animals and images!  So I thought I would pull out an older Papertrey set to make a punny birthday card:


I stamped the elements of the farm scene in Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, So Saffron and Cajun Craze, then stamped the cow, checkerboard and sentiments in Memento Black:



Since the scene is a little busy, the only embellishment I added was a little gingham banner, and the stitching around the outside.  On the inside, I couldn't help adding a few more elements to the sentiments:
I am sure someone in my family will be receiving this, LOL!  Now, what will you create with our "Down on the Farm" theme this week?  Be sure to see the cute creations the DT came up with here at the Paper Players blog!!  Thanks for popping in today!

I am not much of a photographer when I am on vacation, and we really only had two days of sunshine, but here are a couple shots:





Besides being able to get away, it just happened that we finalized the sale of my dad's house on Friday, which is near where we were vacationing, so we didn't have to make an extra trip.  I have to admit there were a few tears more than once; my dad and mom had lived there since 1987, and my dad lived alone after my mom passed away in 2001, so most all the grandchildren remember that as their home.  As I said goodbye to the neighbors, it was tough!  But now a new family will be making memories in their new-to-them home, so I have to be thankful for that.  And no more cleaning out of tools, LOL!   Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Text Style On the Farm and Barnyard Sentiments (Papertrey ink)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Gingham DSP (ret)
 Ink Memento Black, Mango Melody, So Saffron, Granny Apple Green, Cajun Craze
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies

14 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Welcome back LeAnne! So fun to hear about your vacation, you look wonderfully relaxed in your beach photo. Love the bright colours and images on your card - this is proper farmyard material and who doesn’t love a punny sentiment? How appropriate that this should be your chosen theme this week as you finally complete on your Dad’s house - a fitting tribute. Hope the shock of getting back to the cooking and cleaning routine this week isn’t too much

Kampin' Karen said...

I'm so glad you and John had a nice getaway with some sunshine and that beautiful beach/water. You look so relaxed and happy. Yes, I can understand your sorrow...it's one more memory behind you. Your card is great. I especially like the checkerboard and the sentiments. Welcome back, I've missed you!

Vickie said...

So darn cute LeAnne....I love that you added the gingham. Nice touch...wish I had someone to make this card for.
Happy that you turned your sad goodbyes to your Dad’s neighbors into a blessing for those making wonderful memories in your Dad’s home.
Blessings LeAnne

I Card Everyone said...

So glad you got away, LeAnne - looks, and sounds, like a perfect vacation to me: no cooking!
I have always loved that PTI set - might have been included in one of my favorite 12 Kits - your card is fresh, fun, and delightful!
=]

Windy Ellard said...

Adorable card with that sentiment and the checked strip on the background!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the vivid colors on this fun farm card! We both were on the same wave length with our sentiments! :-) Your vacation sounds divine with no cooking involved! Life just keeps on changing for everyone and I can sure identify with major changes with aging parents. Mom died 9 years ago and dad is now in an assisted living facility at 93 y.o. He's really declining cognitively! Welcome back to blogging and stamping!

Linda Callahan said...

Fun theme....great colors and fabulou s/s/s! Your vacation also looks fabulous!

laurie said...

This was a fun challenge! I bet growing up on a farm was fun too. I just love your farm scene!

Your vacation looks so relaxing....also so hard when things change isn't it?

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a cute card! I like the way you've used the gingham. Looks and sounds like a wonderful vacation. No cooking, even better!

lichazul said...

very pretty card LeAnne
congrats
hugs and good vibes :)

Ann Schach said...

An adorable card, LeAnne! I love these bright and cheery images. A vacation by the beach sounds heavenly. I can understand your feelings about selling the homestead. I remember feeling the same when my mother passed, and we had to sell the farm. Hugs...

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I loved this challenge idea! I too have so many memories of living on a farm. Cherished moments!
I am so happy you got to go to the beach! My special piece of heaven on Earth!
Love your card! It is perfect So many details and love the black and white checks down the side. Makes everything pop!
So difficult to sell your daddy's home! My heart hurts for you! I hope the new family will love it!
Big hugs, My Friend! XX

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm a farmers daughter too LeAnne, so I definitely wanted to join in with this fun challenge. Your card is so fun - love that you've stamped different elements in a sort of collage. I'm glad you were able to get away and take a break from everything for a few days. Sounds like a lot of change and that can be hard. What a lovely person you are to focus on the memories the new family will be making. All will be well. Sending hugs x

Anne Marie Hile said...

Thanks for a fun challenge this week! Your card is awesome! I love the retro images and the black and white check is such a perfect accent. Great vacation photos! I know selling your dad's home must have been tough, my friend. Always remember the wonderful memories you have there. Big hugs!