Tuesday, September 24, 2019

RetroRubber 120 Vintage Halloween


Happy Tuesday, everyone!  Well, yesterday was the first day of fall and it certainly didn't feel like it!  The stink bugs were back in full force; they just love the heat and they were covering the screens and trying to fly into the house....I despise them.  Hopefully the cooler weather will be here soon and make them all go AWAY.  Anyway, it's time for another Retro Rubber Challenge---it's an "Anything Goes"!  Yay!  They are a double-edged sword...fun, but what to do, what to do?  In the end, I chose to do a vintage Halloween card!

Image may contain: text

I am a sucker for vintage Halloween images...I think they remind me of my dad and his era; he and my grandmother would tell us how they dressed up (with my grandmother taking out her false teeth--gross) in old clothes or homemade costumes!  Anyway, I have to rein myself in from buying every sticker, every 12x12 paper, every stamp set that resembles vintage Halloween!  Last year, I did treat myself to a little 6x6 pad from Authentique called Nightfall, and I used a few of their images on my card today:


These little 1 1/2 x 2" pictures are so cute together....I simply trimmed them from the 6x6 piece and layered them on a piece of spooky cobwebby paper and added a sentiment and some sparkly stars:


The sentiment is from Rubbernecker, Halloween #1, and the closest I can find is that it is from around 2009.  I know I've had it for a while!  I stamped it on a scrap of DSP I had in my stash, then diecut it with a Nested Label die and added some black glimmer paper to the back.  For fun, I stamped a witch silhouette on top:


On the inside of my Naturals White card, I stamped another sentiment, added a spooky tree and a trio of bats:


I am pretty sure I got this set from my stamping friend Broni....so glad she shared it with me!  Now...what will you create with your older stamps?!  Remember, they must be at least a year old, and you must tell us the age!  Then share your creation with us at the Retro Rubber blog!  Can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Halloween #1 (Rubbernecker 2009)
Card stock & Papers     Naturals White, Black Glimmer (ret), Nightfall DSP (Authentique), Misc DSP from my stash
 Ink Stazon Black, Smoky Slate
Accessories Mini Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Nested Stitched Labels Dies, Country Star Punch (ret)

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I love it when you get your Vintage On! These images are so adorable - even the font looks vintage! Fab BOO lous card!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

This card design has your name written all over it! Love it!! I entered my card this morning using a set from 2004!! Have a blessed day. I'm on my way to Disney to meet my daughter. Hopefully no hurricanes will be in our future.

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm a bit of a sucker for any vintage image too LeAnne, although Halloween isn't much of a thing here in the UK. Those little pictures are so cute - they look like illustrations from a story book! Love the idea of a Retro Runner challenge - must join in with this!

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh, and forgot to say, WHO is that handsome lab?!!

Lisa Elton said...

You love vintage and you do it SO WELL!! Cute images and I like the touch of sparkle you added!

Angelnorth said...

The images made me think of the sadly defunct Craft Secrets - cute vintage, love the silhouette with behind the sentiment!

Claire Grantham said...

Thiis is so much fun LeAnne, I love the sparkle in the background, works well with the vintage imagery. Cx