Monday, September 2, 2019

FMS400 Simple Pumpkins


Happy Labor Day, everyone....at least if you're in the US!  It's dreary this morning but hopefully it will clear out by this afternoon for picnic time!  If you're in the south, we are praying for all of you..my sister is near Charleston, so we're hoping there's minimal damage there!

I am squeaking in this FMS challenge card at the last minute! They are still promoting their 400th celebration and that is something to celebrate!  Here's the sketch:


And here's my really simple, no-stamping card:


This new DSP, Come to Gather, has some pretty prints in it, but I wasn't quite sure what to do with this pale pumpkin one.  The reverse side has a pretty plaid, so I diecut a stitched square from the pumpkin side, flipped it around and used the plaid side for the background, then re-inserted the diecut square into the opening.  I popped up a Soft Sky strip, and topped it with a Pretty Peacock diecut from the Well Written dies, then added some swirly things in Pear Pizzazz from the same die.  Simple and easy!  This is going to go to my sister, who very kindly watered my flowers for me while we were on vacation!

And speaking of flowers, here are a few shots from my garden:

My little rose topiary is thriving, and I am so thrilled!


At the beginning of spring, this butterfly bush was about 2 ft tall and it looked like a stick; now it's over 5 ft tall and at any given time, there are at least 3 or 4 butterflies hanging around, as well as bees, goldfinches and an occasional hummer!


And while I was deadheading my marigolds, I found this little (well, not so little) guy, giving me the stink eye as if to say, "Don't you take my little flower!"....so I left him alone!


Thanks for popping in today...enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Pretty Peacock, Soft Sky (ret), Pear Pizzazz, Come to Gather DSP
 Ink
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Well Written Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

That DSP is definitely different but you showcased it beautifully! And the grasshopper cracked me up! So glad you helped us celebrate 400!

I Card Everyone said...

I think that paper is really pretty, LeAnne - and you've showcased it beautifully!
Thanks for the visit to your garden … those big grasshoppers are the ones that are so loud at night with those saw-like legs! So cool! 'stink eye' HA!
=]

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the shades of blue! Thanks for helping us celebrate 400 at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Brum said...

This s such a pretty fall card! Love the gingham background and those pumpkins! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches to celebrate our 400th Sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful colors on this one Leanne, it's lovely! Your flowers look great and your new friend looks might dapper hanging out in the marigolds!

Doris said...

What a great photo of that strange critter in your garden! Is it really as big as it looks?

Anne Marie Hile said...

Fabulous card and that giant grasshopper is SO cool!