Tuesday, July 2, 2019

TGIFC218 Sympathy Bella


Hi peeps!  A late, late start today...I was sad to hear that a stamping friend lost her beloved pet, and since the TGIF challenge this week is sympathy, I decided to send her a note of encouragement!

I mixed two sets for my card:  the retired Bella and Friends, and Happy Tails.  So here we go:



I found some pretty muted plaid DSP (Authentique Grateful) in my stash, so I used that as my color palette; I stamped Bella in Early Espresso and colored him in with SU Blends, the added the sentiment in Terracotta Tile and a little heart in Rococo Rose and Terracotta Tile, embellished with a little button die from Arts and Crafts:


And here's the inside:


I hope it brings some comfort to her!

I have to scoot, so I will post one last photo; this is a sweet card I got from my friend Wendy, who used some "vintage" SU stamps to create this patriotic treat!  This card just makes me SMILE because it reminds me of the images that were popular when I first started stamping!  I love how she created the background as well as the main image...I love it all!  Thanks, Wendy!


Off to karate!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

5 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I just love Bella and what you did with her! So sad when a pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge. Love the patriotic card your friend made. Have a great 4th.

Lisa Elton said...

This is darling and is sure to touch your friend's heart.

Wendy said...

Your Bella card is adorable and I wish it was under different circumstances. To lose a beloved pet is tough and I hope this will help comfort your stamping friend. Happy you liked the July 4th card! I loved every minute of making those cards as it made me smile, too! Thanks for sharing it, LeAnne!

Tami Hewlett said...

What a great idea for a sympathy card! You colored the dog so beautifully. I'm sure the recipient will feel the heartfelt love. Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

Linda Callahan said...

The Bella card is so sweet......so tough to lose a pet!