Tuesday, July 30, 2019

RRCB116 Tic Tac Toe


Happy Tuesday, everyone!  It's time for another Retro Rubber challenge---a tic-tac-toe one, they're fun!  I chose the top row across for my card today!

No photo description available.

 And here we go:


I did a real simple one (again), using some new DSP called Garden Lane and an old stamp set, Time of Year, which was a hostess set from the 2016-2017 catalog.  I heat-embossed it, using my Stamparatus, Versamark ink, Mossy Meadow ink and clear embossing powder.  I apologize for the variance in colors in my photo...the one below is a bit washed out!  I used the same technique for the birthday banner, so it has a nice glossy finish, which you can't really see here, and then fussy cut it out and popped it up on dimensionals:


I mounted it on a Mossy Meadow card, then stamped a white mat with a stamp set from Watercolor Wishes (2015), along with some of the flowers in the Time of Year set, stamped in Soft Sea Foam.


I hope you'll play along with our fun Tic-Tac-Toe challenge this week!  Check out what the other designers created and share yours with us too!  Remember, the stamps have to be at least one year old, and you must tell us the age!  See ya at Retro Rubber!

Speaking of "green", my birds, pushing seed from my feeders, have spawned a huge assortment of sunflowers....most of them are almost 5' tall and still growing, and I counted 16 flowers on one plant!




I can't wait for the to bloom!!  And then, my goldfinches will have a feast as well!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card, LeAnne! Love that you always use older stamp sets when you can! And WOW on the sunflowers! It's such a joy to have something growing that you did not plant! Sunflowers are so pretty! Please share a picture when they start blooming! Stay cool today....another hazy, hot & humid one!

Kampin' Karen said...

Seriously, I really want to see what your craft room looks like! You are always coming up with supplies I have never heard of! Great card for the challenge and I was able to enter today. Thank you for sharing pics of the sunflowers. I have never seen one while it was getting ready to burst out in its radiant beauty. I LOVE sunflowers. Have a blessed day.

Lisa Elton said...

I like all of those pretty little flowers in the background! This is lovely LeAnne!

Linda Callahan said...

Loving all the greens....on your card and your plants!

Angelnorth said...

Love the hand lettered style of the sentiment and that’s such pretty paper, great card LeAnne!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LeAnne, love this beautiful pattern paper and it looks fabulous and sweet as a background for this big and bold sentiment.
I was late to upload my card, grrrr!! time just got away from me. I'll still do my commenting.
Hugs.
Maria.

Claire Grantham said...

Love your card LeAnne, we are row twins. I love your bold sentiment over that pretty paper. I LOL at your sunflower haul. I was just at my parents in London and this happened to them a while back. This year a new 'nature fail' happened. They have been composting and using it on their garden. My momma noticed these random plants several weeks ago..turns out they are tomato plants ALL OVER the garden from the seeds via the compost bin - LMAO. My momma is furious, she has been trying to grow tomatoes for years with no success and then this happens and they are huge and she has this ridiculous haul of tomatoes that she didn't even attempt to grow! Claire x