Saturday, July 6, 2019

CASCSC328 andCTS329 Simple Bird


Happy Saturday, peeps!  Hope your day is going well so far!  I am trying to make a few samples for my upcoming Stamp Clubs on Monday....this one uses some Bird Ballad and Designer Series DSPs, a sentiment from Here's a Card, the challenge colors from CAS Colours and Sketches, and the sketch from CTS:


 

So here we go:


I had this little watercolored piece already laying on my desk, diecut from some watercolor paper and washed with Petal Pink ink, so I cut out a little bird from the Bird Ballad DSP, popped it up, hand-drew some feet (I missed one toe, LOL!) and then added some scraps from some Designer Series DSPs in Flirty Flamingo and Soft Sea Foam.  I know my bird doesn't quite fit the challenge colors, but I think she coordinates pretty nicely:


For fun, I added a little Soft Sea Foam scallop, some thread from the Follow Your Art Embellishment Kit, and a little faceted gem.  The "thanks" was stamped in Flirty Flamingo and diecut with a Stitched Rectangle die.  I always need thank you notes for my customers, so it's nice to have one on hand!  Thanks for popping in today!

My nephew hosted his annual July 4th picnic and it was a good thing he has a big house....it POURED rain, so the kids were quite rambunctious while waiting for it to stop:


I did manage to snag one photo of a little firecracker pulling on my great-nephew Jameson's hair:


SO cute!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I saw this sketch early this morning and just had no creativity. I'm glad you did! Great job. So glad the kiddos had a big room to be in. Enjoy your weekend.

Jan Clothier said...

Your bird looks set to fly off the page! So vibrantly and prettily coloured, LeAnne.

karen h said...

Sweet card! Great use of the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Lorraine said...

I'm swooning over your little bird. Sweet card.

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty colors Leanne, this is a wonderful card!

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable card....you tamed a tough sketch!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This sketch beat me - love your take on it! Cute photos too - looks like a fun day was had by all!

YoonYoung Kim said...

So cute kids and beautiful card, LeAnne. I love the combination of the pattern paper. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card at CC&S challenge.