Thursday, July 25, 2019

IB82 A Touch of Fall


Gosh, how can it be Thursday already?  The week is whizzing by and that means it's time for another Inspired By challenge!  I am calling this one "A Touch of Fall" because it has these lovely orange hues...check it out:


And here is Laurel's inspiration photo, which she called simply "Centerpiece":


And what a pretty centerpiece it is, too!  My time was limited this week, so I used the sketch from FMS:


and started by creating a watercolor wash with some Mango Melody ink on watercolor paper for a background.  The flowers and cotton (a special gift from a special teammate) were stamped on Thick Whisper White cardstock in Linen Distress ink and colored with Mango Melody, So Saffron and Pear Pizzazz inks:


 I added a little Polka Dot Tulle ribbon after fussy-cutting it out, and popped it up atop the wash.  My sentiment was stamped in Pumpkin Pie ink, It all went on a Soft Seafoam mat and a Mango Melody card.  I would have liked to have added some darker orange hues, but I think it will do just fine!

I hope you'll play along with this fun color palette....it's just a little teaser of fall in the warm summer weather.  Share your creation with us at the Inspired By blog---can't wait to see it!

And speaking of warm summer weather, we earned some beautiful weather by suffering through that terrible heat last week, and were rewarded with a gorgeous, crisp summer day yesterday!  It was too nice to sit inside so I took Cassidy to Longwood for a quick little walk around the fountains and gardens.  We didn't stay long (she gets bored unless she's got a friend) but I did snag a few pix:

This plant was HUGE and PRICKLY!


And this espaliered tree was worth imitating!


And I don't remember what kind of tree this is, but from the outside, it is huge and very deceiving...the branches go all the way to the ground, but you can crouch down and go under them and actually stand up on the inside!  This was her favorite one!




Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Here's a Card, Cotton and Thistles (Reverse Confetti)
Card stock & Papers     Mango Melody, Soft Seafoam, Watercolor, Thick White
 Ink Mango Melody, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Pear Pizzazz, Linen Distress (Tim Holtz)
Accessories Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon, Dimensionals
Tools     Aquapainter, Wink of Stella, Corner Rounder Punch (ret)

7 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I envy you that you live so close to the gardens and thank you for teaching me a new word. I don't think I have ever heard the word espaliered and have never seen a tree like that. Cassidy looks a little bored BUT your card is far from boring! We had a warm but gentle breeze yesterday in our 95 degree weather but it was quite welcomed. Have a blessed day.

I Card Everyone said...

That little gift found the perfect home, my friend - wink! and OH my goodness did those cotton bolls made for darling blooms as well!
LOve that tree, too, Miss C!
LeAnne, the weather continues to be perfection here so expect more of the same if the weather patterns stick!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely and feels so warm and comforting! Cassidy gets prettier everyday!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Now this one is just lovely LeAnne! I need a lesson on how to create such a natural watercolour background though; I tried to do one in red earlier in the week for my JAI card and it looked like a mass-murder scene!! After two attempts, I decided to stick with plain white! Those orange shades and the tuille ribbon detail are so pretty.

Kim S said...

Lovely! The colors are gorgeous - I love the richness of the Mango with the Soft Seafoam. The hint of polka dot ribbon is just right! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a delightful bouquet. Love those sunny colors. Thanks so much for joining in at Freshly Made Sketches.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, your background is fabulous and I love this beautiful bouquet including cotton! The colors are so bright and cheery!! Such a creative way to use the sketch, too! The polka dot ribbon is perfect to complete your card. Cassidy is growing up so quickly and she is so pretty! XX