Tuesday, May 7, 2019

RRCB110 Best Wishes


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Hope you got through Monday okay!  It's time for another Retro Rubber challenge, where we use stamps that are least a year old!  Here's our pretty spring challenge:

Image may contain: flower and text

My card today uses a Papertrey Ink stamp from 2011 called Botanical Silhouettes; I believe it was a freebie, but I bought it from a fellow stamper, and it hasn't seen ink for a while!  So here we go:


I used the color palette from Fab Friday's current challenge:


My Stamparatus came in handy with this multi-step stamp!  It lines up very nicely, though!  I started with stems of Coastal Cabana, then added the florals in Petal Pink.  I then inked a few of the florals again in Blushing Bride, and finally, the last ones is Poppy Parade, stamping directly over the first image.  I did get a little "overstamp" from the Poppy Parade (little spots of ink would have been better to use than a regular ink pad!), so I simply added some shading on all the florals:


I stamped a sentiment from the same set in Coastal Cabana, some little speckles for fun, then ran the whole white panel through the Big Shot using the Subtle embossing folder.  My Pool Party stitched frame was added over top of the white panel and after trimming the corners, was adhered to a white card, trimmed to fit.  My final embellishment was some pearls that I colored with SU Blends!  I think this color combination is one of my favorites! 

So we can't wait to see your floral creations...just make sure the stamps you use are at least a year old, and be sure to tell us how old they are in your post!  Share it with us at Retro Rubber, can't wait to see them!

Cassidy went to visit great-granddaddy....sadly, she never got to meet her great-grammy.


Enjoy your day and be blessed.

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Botanical Silhouettes (2011 Papertrey), Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Pool Party
 Ink Coastal Cabana, Blushing Bride, Petal Pink, Poppy Parade
Accessories Pearls
Tools     Big Shot, Subtle Embossing Folder, Simple Stitched Line Round Rectangle Frame Die (My Favorite Things), Bermuda Bay Blends, Blender Pen

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne this is just so very lovely … what a great little poppy stamp to have - it will never go out of style! Of course you know I adore the Subtle texture!
=]

Wendy said...

Oh LeAnne, this is such a pretty card! Love that you were able to get in all those colors quite beautifully, too! Love the rounded corners and the pretty stitching around the entire card! I must remember to pull out my Stamparatus and use it more. I have a habit of reaching for my Stamp A Ma Jig all the time. TFS

Heather said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Great stamp choice for your challenge, and it looks awesome in our colors, lol. Love the color variation you've shown on these pretty flowers! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty poppies, this is delightful!

Carol L said...

I love the peaceful serenity this card holds! The colors are warm and pretty, and I love the die-cut frame with the rounded corners! That's a great photo of Cassidy for the family scrapbook too!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the texture! I keep forgetting about doing that! Ian didn't get to meet any of his great grands either and they would have just loved him! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Linda Callahan said...

What a sweet floral image! Adorable carD,

Claire Grantham said...

LeAnne, I love the watercolour feel of your card, the flowers are stunning with the little splashes of ink, but I think it's the border frame that I am swooning over, so crisp, frames your flowers perfectly. Cx

craftysahmiam said...

Pretty color combination for your perfect poppies CAS card; I like the idea of running your stamped image through the embossing folder

lichazul said...

pretty card LeAnn, so sweet
congrats
have a great weekend